• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official**** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2014/2015

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Or two spinners. Why didn't Elliot bowl? Pretty sure last time he played ODI's we didn't bowl him either.
Elliott didn't bowl because he's not in the first XI so they don't want to rely on his bowling - they're hoping Anderson will come good.

If Latham keeps failing at 5 and/or if Guptill needs to be dropped, Elliott will be in the side and they can rely on his bowling a bit more.

santhosh683

Cricket Spectator
We Should not worry about Sri lanka Team, because it got always many strong Team. Last time, it play against Indian team. It made a big record. So, Sri lanka team will be good team for this ICC Cricket World cup 2015.

santhosh683

Cricket Spectator
As a Indian, Sri lanka, australia any time, I dont support for other teams. I want to always be support for India. I hope, this time australia and India team going to be rock.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
****ing hell Elliott, I just watched it myself. Howsie's going to be right about Anderson and Mills, at this rate.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Gee that was a blinder from Mahela to get rid of KW.

Regarding today I was a little disappointed with the batting but heartened to see the bowling attack minus Malinga was able to make a game of it, if the batting comes good soon as I expect it to (Dilshan, Matthews and Sanga failing at the same time really hurts) then the team looks good, I think both Karunaratne and Jeevan Mendis need to be squeezed out of the final XL personally

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Dimuth is the only other opener apart from Dilshan in the WC squad now, if he fails they'll be forced to drop him and replace him from within the squad, and Chandimal is the only batsman not in the XI currently, meaning I'd say Mahela will move up and Chandimal will move to 4 perhaps, bit of a travesty if Chandimal can't find a way into the final XI. I'm also at a bit of a loss to explain why Eranga is getting a game - he's not in the WC squad but Lakmal and Prasad are

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
One of the best I've ever seen. He had to see the doosra (or whatever you call it) early, predict Kane might nick it fine, then still be alert enough to see it and grasp it at pace. Just breathtaking.

What Howsie did get right is that Anderson has almost no peer when it comes to ball striking. Behind Gayle he's probably the next best running around. Brutal.

And not worried about Grunter because a) he's not in the top XI b) who can blame him for being nervous? He probably reads social media and it's hardly 100% welcoming to him. 14 months or so away from the NZ environment, needs time.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Taylor at 4, Latham 5, Anderson 6.

Latham is inches away from losing his incumbency to Elliott though.

BeeGee

International Captain
I wouldn't mind seeing us experiment in this series with playing the extra bowler.

So, Anderson 5, Ronchi 6, NcCullum 7.

Just to see what happens.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Good to see Anderson play such an important innings. This is probably the first time that he's stood up and made a telling contribution in tough circumstances. At the moment, we're really one class batsman short of a top side, and I have the bad feeling that that'll hurt us in the knock-out matches, so we really need Anderson to kick on from this and have a dominant season with the bat.

I imagine that after a good performance like that, Milne will probably be rested for the 2nd ODI. Picking Henry to grab at least 4 wickets in his return to trigger another round of hand-wringing.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Regarding today I was a little disappointed with the batting but heartened to see the bowling attack minus Malinga was able to make a game of it, if the batting comes good soon as I expect it to (Dilshan, Matthews and Sanga failing at the same time really hurts) then the team looks good, I think both Karunaratne and Jeevan Mendis need to be squeezed out of the final XL personally
The rest of the lower order is probably strong enough to replace Jeevan with Herath.