• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official**** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2014/2015

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Mitch kicking ass. Making a name for himself as a closer.
Which is good because his opening spell was average at best. No pace or movement, floated quite a few and generally not on target. Also looked like he was going to fall over in all his follow throughs.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Ideal death would be southe 4-5, Anderson 1-3, McClenenen the rest. Power play to be mcclenenenen plus the other seamers last overs.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I do hope we're just giving Corey practice in giving him 10 overs today.

We're not really planning on bowling him the full quota in proper games are we?

Flem274*

123/5

Depends how he goes in these ODIs. No one cares who wins this series so both sides can play around a bit. If we give him death overs and he goes well then he gets the gig.

James

Cricket Web Owner

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. I was surprised we didn't see Elliott and possibly one or two from Williamson in the middle of the innings. I thought we'd make up 10 overs from those three.

I thought Nathan McCullum bowled with excellent control and was his usual dynamic self in the field. Going to be a tough pick between him and Vettori when the real stuff comes because I'd probably say McCullum is the better bat these days and certainly a better fielder. And given the fact Vettori hasn't played that much in recent times, there probably isn't much between them at the bowling crease either.

BeeGee

International Captain
I'm pretty sure they'll go with Vettori. NcCullum may get a couple of the easier games to give Vettori a rest.

Also there's an outside chance of them both playing if the pitch warrants it.

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
I'm pretty sure they'll go with Vettori. NcCullum may get a couple of the easier games to give Vettori a rest.
I expect so as well, but I don't think we'd have to worry too much if NcCullum was in there in place of Vettori.

BeeGee

International Captain
I expect so as well, but I don't think we'd have to worry too much if NcCullum was in there in place of Vettori.
No, I agree. Our back up bowlers are just as good as our first picks. It's a very impressive bowling squad.

Flem274*

123/5
I'm still leaning towards Southee/Mills/Milne/Vettori/Anderson atm. Has a nice balance of strike power and economy. But then I didn't expect the full strike power trio we fielded today would do so well with the economy. Long may it continue.

Strong showings from Guptill and Elliott/Latham today would be ideal.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I was wondering the same thing. I was surprised we didn't see Elliott and possibly one or two from Williamson in the middle of the innings. I thought we'd make up 10 overs from those three.

I thought Nathan McCullum bowled with excellent control and was his usual dynamic self in the field. Going to be a tough pick between him and Vettori when the real stuff comes because I'd probably say McCullum is the better bat these days and certainly a better fielder. And given the fact Vettori hasn't played that much in recent times, there probably isn't much between them at the bowling crease either.
Would still take Vettori James, but yes NcCullum is an admirable back-up.