• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

Sachin95

U19 Debutant
Rohit Sharma needs to perform before he mouths off at bowlers, he had a tangle with Steyn and now Johnson who have both owned him. At least Kohli has the stats to back up his talk.
They need to drop him IMMEDIATELY. Send him back to India ffs

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Rohit needs to be dropped but at the end of the series. Not yet. Give him 2 more tests to disappoint us

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
???

i could simulate how high it's going with pen and paper, right here and now, and assuming good inputs i'd get it exactly right. the difficulty comes in pinning down the precise point of impact on the pad, everything after that is basic high school mechanics.

the chance that the error in the point of impact is large enough to result in a 5cm+ error is very very small.
How the hell would you simulate one ball hitting a crack for example which say hits below the knee role 3 Meter from the stumps ?

At best you could do it based on standard bounce of the wicket of previous balls but invariables are tough to calculate very accurately unless you wanna take decent time. That's also exactly the reason why they keep decisions over 2.5 meters out of the system as perceived margin of error is more.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Controversy

Full statement from the Indian camp: "Indian team has been asking for the fresh net practice wickets several times for last two days which were not been provided. In stead of that, they have asked to practice on worn out wickets which has uneven bounce. Because of that two of our batsmen got injured today morning, one of the two batsmen Shikhar Dhawan had a right wrist injury. He was unable to bat in the morning. He is been examined by our physio and will assess his fitness in some time."

Spark

Global Moderator
How the hell would you simulate one ball hitting a crack for example which say hits below the knee role 3 Meter from the stumps ?

At best you could do it based on standard bounce of the wicket of previous balls but invariables are tough to calculate very accurately unless you wanna take decent time. That's also exactly the reason why they keep decisions over 2.5 meters out of the system as perceived margin of error is more.
um, you don't? because the trajectory from after the ball bounces is treated as entirely independent of the trajectory before it bounces? i don't give a **** if it came from mars, all i need once it hits the pad is its position and momentum (which i can easily derive from the previous few frames so long it hasn't yorked him) i can do the rest from there

Last edited: