• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Hawkeye had it crashing into middle stump. Was utterly plumb.
Hawkeye showed that it was good.
Was it in between Hawkeye's margin of error in terms of distance from the stumps ?

Hawkeye had it crashing top of middle stump and pretty flat projection after hitting for this sort of wicket.

Dean Jones agreeing actually. Says Hawkeye projections cannot be accurate in terms of bounce on this sort of wicket.

Last edited:

Antihippy

International Debutant
BTW the rohit dismissal was exactly where I think mj should have been bowling most of the time and he's been way too wide most of the time.

Spark

Global Moderator
Was it in between Hawkeye's margin of error in terms of distance from the stumps ?

Hawkeye had it crashing top of middle stump and pretty flat projection after hitting for this sort of wicket.
gravity is not exactly hard to simulate you know

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Like, that is amongst the dumbest things I've ever seen from Dhoni. Where he ends up after the shot is crazy as well

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Bounce ? He was fair bit down.

Tough to give that on bouncy pitches. Dean Jones seems to be agreeing now.
I haven't had to chance to say this in a while, and I've really missed it, but..

HawkEye > Cevno watching on TV!

The umpire was evidently > Cevno watching on TV as well in this case. It was completely plumb. Looked plumb live, looked plumb on replay and HawkEye confirmed that it was plumb. If it had been given not out, then reviewed (assume non-ridiculous cricketing boards involved), it would have been over-turned, because it was plumb.

Duck in plumb sauce for Dhoni today.

Johnners

Dean Jones agreeing actually. Says Hawkeye projections cannot be accurate in terms of bounce on this sort of wicket.
Just confirms that Hawkeye was right really

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Rohit Sharma needs to perform before he mouths off at bowlers, he had a tangle with Steyn and now Johnson who have both owned him. At least Kohli has the stats to back up his talk.

Johnners

I haven't had to chance to say this in a while, and I've really missed it, but..

The umpire was evidently > Cevno watching on TV as well in this case. It was completely plumb. Looked plumb live, looked plumb on replay and HawkEye confirmed that it was plumb. If it had been given not out, then reviewed (assume non-ridiculous cricketing boards involved), it would have been over-turned, because it was plumb.

:laugh:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member

More than 2.5 meter dude.

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cri...al-drs-discussion-thread-125.html#post3361524

Any response btw ?

Spark

Global Moderator
More than 2.5 m from the wicket. Hawkeye stand snull as per it's developers and rules.

And even the developers admitted this is tough to simulate.
???

i could simulate how high it's going with pen and paper, right here and now, and assuming good inputs i'd get it exactly right. the difficulty comes in pinning down the precise point of impact on the pad, everything after that is basic high school mechanics.

the chance that the error in the point of impact is large enough to result in a 5cm+ error is very very small.