• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

howardj

International Coach
More realistic to turn a Starc-type into an allrounder (i.e. a bona fide bowler) than it is a MMarsh-type i.e. a guy whose bowling has never really been good enough to warrant selection of itself)

At this level, at this stage, you're more likely to improve your batting through application than your bowling improve

adub

International Captain
Do they go for the extra half hour? Or does that only apply when there's a chance of bowling the other side out in that time?

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
what a difference a proper tail makes eh.. India should have scored 450 yesterday. Hopefully we can draw this game somehow
Just can't see it. It's 7 sessions to go. We need to bat atleast 5 of them to have a chance.

The rate at which we've conceded the runs has killed us, just like the last game.

anil1405

International Captain
One thing has changed over the last 8 days of test cricket in this series, I can't wait for Kohli to take over as skipper from MSD.

Riggins

International Captain
Thought Ravi Shastri was pretty impressive in that interview. Every other time I've seen him I thought he was a complete ****.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Thought Ravi Shastri was pretty impressive in that interview. Every other time I've seen him I thought he was a complete ****.
Indeed good post. He seemed to have a clue. I was especially impressed that he talked about posting 350 in the second dig which seems like a realistic target as opposed to talking about getting a big second innings.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
@VicOthordox or someone who knows spin.

As a young off spinner I was taught to always come around the wicket to the left handers. Always. No exceptions. Ashwin went over the wicket to Starc initially with no joy but eventually he got his wicket clean bowled. When is it ok to come over the wicket as an off spinner to a lefty...