• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Manjrekar not giving enough credit to us saying there was nothing in it for the pacers tbh. Hazelwood showed there was plenty in it for good bowling.

morgieb

everything else i've heard sounds like he's on track and already in club cricket, so i seriously question the reliability of that
FWIW, my source (granted this was a couple of months ago)

"I have big concerns about Patto, I was at the MCG recently for a junior clinic. Patto was in the nets, bowling fastish - for thirty balls only. I took a bit of footage on the Ipad. I ran in to him later and had a chat and said words to the effect of "what are you up to" - noting that I know him casually through having done a coaching course with him. He told me they are trying to change his action from front on to side on and they expect it to take three months before he will be right to bowl in games.................

From the footage I took - I could see no discernible change in his action. He didn't seem overly confident in things. Be worried, very worried."

So while he may come back in the near future.....his Test future is iffy.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Loved the pitch. The sort of pitch where you can bowl a jaffa full length/short ball not infrequently if you're good and also rewards conventional stroke-play richly due to the true bounce.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
Manjrekar not giving enough credit to us saying there was nothing in it for the pacers tbh. Hazelwood showed there was plenty in it for good bowling.
There is, but given the heat I think if the good bowling isn't rewarded then it becomes taxing for the bowlers and then the batsmen can cash in, in other words if you can see off a good spell as a batsman then you can score quite a bit.

OverratedSanity

There is, but given the heat I think if the good bowling isn't rewarded then it becomes taxing for the bowlers and then the batsmen can cash in, in other words if you can see off a good spell as a batsman then you can score quite a bit.
Sure, but I have no doubt at all that the heat contributed to Vijay's dismissal. He lookd exhausted at the end. So in a way, works both ways. Felt the good bowling wasn't rewarded more due to our good batting than any particular bad luck anyway. Expected the Australian bowlers to create more chances, the drops notwithstanding.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
311/4 at the Gabba. Wow. Kudos India.

We are developing as a test side now, aren't we.

We have Vijay at the top, Pujara, Kohli and Rahane in the middle. I am pretty sure Yadav will be a handful on this pitch. It is a young side which is shaping up quite well. While the last few years were not that good for the Indian test side, this test and the last one makes me much more optimistic about our future.

Riggins

International Captain
How are Patto and Cummins atm? I'd love to see them get a crack in tandem.
Patto isn't back from injury yet. And I've heard sources saying the outlook for him is grave.
He was bowling seriously quick in the nets at the Adelaide Oval last week.

There's a video on instagram of one of his bumpers to Marsh. Absolute ****ing rocket.

Edit: Well and truly beaten to that. Serves me right for actually doing 25 minutes of work this afternoon.

Last edited:

anil1405

International Captain

We have Vijay at the top, Pujara, Kohli and Rahane in the middle. I am pretty sure Yadav will be a handful on this pitch. It is a young side which is shaping up quite well. While the last few years were not that good for the Indian test side, this test and the last one makes me much more optimistic about our future.
Pujara gotta sort out his technique a bit. Have seen him struggle against short balls, unable to counter swing and as seen in last test was unable to face Lyon with conviction.

Zinzan

Incidentally, how much longer to you think Dhoni will play at test level?

Stapel

International Regular
Wow! I've only managed to watch the last couple of overs, but this really looks to be a good Test. India have built a basis to become the first tourists to take a win at the Gabba, since........, well, I can't really remember!

I know it's to soon to say! But if India do well tomorrow in the first session, chances are this will really be a great series!

Zinzan

Pujara gotta sort out his technique a bit. Have seen him struggle against short balls, unable to counter swing and as seen in last test was unable to face Lyon with conviction.
Didn't realise quite how bad Pujara's 2014 has been :blink:

Screenshot.png34.png

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Incidentally, how much longer to you think Dhoni will play at test level?
I think this world cup will be his last. May hang around a bit more but cannot see him staying more than 6-8 months beyond the world cup maximum. The thing is, Dhoni is a bit institutionalized in the sense that he is the Vice Chairman of India Cements. The men in power would want him to stay as long as possible. I cannot see many Indian test captains survive like he did the mauling in England, Australia, and again England this time without the backing he has from the powers.

Another aspect is that the hold of Srinivasan might be slipping a bit with the constant court cases. I can see Srinivasan get out of power in 6-8 months as well. He might decide to foray other interests as Indian cricket gets too messy for his own good.

Dhoni would still make a lot of money out of the IPL I would think. He does not look that geed up about international cricket any more. We have to understand that while Dhoni is just 33, 10 years of constant cricket in today's age where there is some tournament going on always takes quite a toll. Even after the 2011 World Cup, Dhoni had wondered if he would be able to continue till the 2015 world cup. He has but I don't see him playing international cricket in 12 months time.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Pujara's problem is he gets himself into too much of a rut getting bogged down. And then when out of form particularly struggles to get out of it more.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I think this world cup will be his last. May hang around a bit more but cannot see him staying more than 6-8 months beyond the world cup maximum. The thing is, Dhoni is a bit institutionalized in the sense that he is the Vice Chairman of India Cements. The men in power would want him to stay as long as possible. I cannot see many Indian test captains survive like he did the mauling in England, Australia, and again England this time without the backing he has from the powers.

Another aspect is that the hold of Srinivasan might be slipping a bit with the constant court cases. I can see Srinivasan get out of power in 6-8 months as well. He might decide to foray other interests as Indian cricket gets too messy for his own good.

Dhoni would still make a lot of money out of the IPL I would think. He does not look that geed up about international cricket any more. We have to understand that while Dhoni is just 33, 10 years of constant cricket in today's age where there is some tournament going on always takes quite a toll. Even after the 2011 World Cup, Dhoni had wondered if he would be able to continue till the 2015 world cup. He has but I don't see him playing international cricket in 12 months time.
Don't think he will retire from ODI's or T20s yet. And he shouldn't.

Tests yeah.