• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Bloke was absolutely top drawer in all ways tbh. Ring work was superb - had amazing matches with Jericho, Lesnar, Jeff Hardy, Cena and Taker in particular. Excellent promos. Excellent character as both heel and face. Had the crowd in the palm of his hand at all times. Bloke obvs had an attitude and a massive chip on his shoulder, but in fairness to him, you got the feeling he was a very principled guy and stuck to his guns. Above all though, he was someone who really made you sit up and take note, and actually care about what was happening. This has obvs always been an important skill for a pro-wrestler. But in the modern day, where fans are much more clued in about the way everything works, and the internet and so on, it's really rare you find anyone capable of this.

It gets a bit overplayed nowadays, but his first "pipe bomb" promo was absolutely incredible. I remember watching RAW and just could not believe what I was hearing. Well worth a watch Jono.

Funny, reminds me of a post I read once about an Indian cricketer

andmark

International Captain
Not at all, I suspect. Apparently AJ's relationship with the WWE management has gone down the tubes - she's expected to leave/get fired in the near future.

Shame really, as she's one of the best divas they've had in absolutely ages. But I guess she is between a rock and a hard place.
Unfortunately, the sheer ***ism in WWE (or more specifically, the main roster) means that no matter how good a woman wrestler is, she will never be treated in a way a great male wrestler would be. Charlotte from NXT for example has had some great matches and looks confident in the ring. She's great on the microphone and is all-in-all a great prospect. You'd then surely think she will have a great career. But all of that was true of Emma and Summer Rae, and they are now more likely to get a 15 minute segment on a reality show than a 15 minute match.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Tbf whilst I am sure there is an issue RE: ***ism, at the end of the day female wrestlers will never draw as big as the male wrestlers, and so this would also explain why there is no parity in terms of treatment. Or at least not in terms of wages etc... anyway. Rightly or wrongly, a PPV card that is filled exclusively with divas matches is never going to sell as well as one that is not filled exclusively with divas matches.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Am I mistaken or are cena and punk good mates in real life
I don't think there is any direct animosity between the two of them. Punk has gone on record as saying Cena is his favourite ever opponent - though that was a few years ago now iirc, so maybe things have changed since then.

andmark

International Captain
Tbf whilst I am sure there is an issue RE: ***ism, at the end of the day female wrestlers will never draw as big as the male wrestlers, and so this would also explain why there is no parity in terms of treatment. Or at least not in terms of wages etc... anyway. Rightly or wrongly, a PPV card that is filled exclusively with divas matches is never going to sell as well as one that is not filled exclusively with divas matches.
But they could at least treat the women's division with at least a degree of respect

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, the best thing is that he was meant to be the face in that segment, but the crowd pretty much turned on him more and more as it went on.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lold when he tried to put Bret and Rey Rey over though. Punk could smell the bs from a mile away.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is that table botch by Ryback that Punk was talking about which ****ed him up completely.

Smashed his head on the edge of the table, his body completely missed the table and twisted his pelvis and his already strapped knee on the concrete. Can't see how anyone cant be on punk's side, or atleast sympathize with him after everything he's revealed, and most of it seems to fit with what we saw on TV.

To make things worse, Ryback posted this on twitter.

WAC :laugh:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And Daniel Bryan got an insane pop on his return to Raw this week. His theme's intro works so damn well at making it seem like something epic.

andmark

International Captain
It's incredible that they really were not originally planning for Bryan to be in the Wrestlemania main event. Anything other than Bryan would've been slaughtered by the crowd

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Exactly. There are good wrestlers in Shimmer - many of whom are more advanced than those on WWE Divas roster - but who is buying Shimmer PPVs?

andmark

International Captain
Exactly. There are good wrestlers in Shimmer - many of whom are more advanced than those on WWE Divas roster - but who is buying Shimmer PPVs?
But Japan has had a strong history of women's wrestling producing the likes of Manami Toyota, not to mention NXT's own efforts with the rivalries of Paige vs Summer Rae, Charlotte vs Natalya etc. It can be done, or at least women's wrestling doesn't have to be oriented around reality shows not even on wrestling

Mike5181

International Captain
TNA had an awesome Women's division a few years back. Gail Kim, Awesome Kong, Tara, TBP(Velvet & Angelina), Taylor Wilde, Daffney etc. The matches were awesome too.