• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Is there any more of that? Could be transcendent like Public Enemy imo.

edit: Seriously despite all his gripes he was seriously over before he turned on the audience. Do whatever it takes to bring him back.
There are more videos on YouTube. Some where he's actually in the ring with HHH and shoots on him to his face.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Is there any more of that? Could be transcendent like Public Enemy imo.

edit: Seriously despite all his gripes he was seriously over before he turned on the audience. Do whatever it takes to bring him back.
Haha, he was over even after he turned on the audience tbh. A definite tweener in many ways - don't see many of those anymore.

But yeah, he's not coming back. Having just read the abridged version of the Colt Cabana podcast, Punk revealed that after he walked out the E in fact fired him on his wedding day. Apparently they tried to get him to sign a non-disparagement agreement, but he refused and said he would only agree to that if they went back to Chicago and apologise and admit they were lying when they called him a quitter on RAW, and that they fired him on his wedding day. He also says that he absolutely hates pro-wrestling now, and he will never, ever, consider a working relationship with the E again.

So yeah...there you have it. The situation is basically as cordial as was post-screw job WWF and Bret Hart.

Edit: Suffice to say, the podcast is defo worth a listen. Pretty incredible stuff, as Srizza said.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't believe I'm getting nostalgic about something that happened barely 3 years ago, but damn that was such a great time to watch wrestling. That entire Punk storyline was beyond phenomenal and that month leading up to Money in the Bank was the most excited I'd been for any angle probably ever.

Best thing about Punk's pipebomb was that after his mic was cut off (which was how it was planned), Punk went backstage half dreading how Vince would react. Apparently Vince simply smiled and said to him "I smell money" :laugh:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
So basically Punk was legitimately not going to re-sign cos he hate the way the WWE was run, and when it leaked they made it into an angle?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
So basically Punk was legitimately not going to re-sign cos he hate the way the WWE was run, and when it leaked they made it into an angle?
Yeah, ind33d. What made the payoff so great was that at the time he won the WWE title nobody knew he had re-signed.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Not doing his missus any favours is he?
Not at all, I suspect. Apparently AJ's relationship with the WWE management has gone down the tubes - she's expected to leave/get fired in the near future.

Shame really, as she's one of the best divas they've had in absolutely ages. But I guess she is between a rock and a hard place.

OverratedSanity

Not at all, I suspect. Apparently AJ's relationship with the WWE management has gone down the tubes - she's expected to leave/get fired in the near future.

Shame really, as she's one of the best divas they've had in absolutely ages. But I guess she is between a rock and a hard place.
Yep. And she got squashed in like 2 minutes at Survivor Series. Rumoured to be on her way out.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can't believe I'm getting nostalgic about something that happened barely 3 years ago, but damn that was such a great time to watch wrestling. That entire Punk storyline was beyond phenomenal and that month leading up to Money in the Bank was the most excited I'd been for any angle probably ever.

Best thing about Punk's pipebomb was that after his mic was cut off (which was how it was planned), Punk went backstage half dreading how Vince would react. Apparently Vince simply smiled and said to him "I smell money" :laugh:
Vince truly is the ultimate heel.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The former WWE Divas champion landed verbal knockout punches on The Bella Twins the likes of which fans have not witnessed since her real-life husband, CM Punk, was delivering his "pipebombs" on a weekly basis.

"Talent is not ***ually transmitted," she informed Brie and new champion Nikki on Monday night, implying that their relationships with Daniel Bryan and John Cena, respectively, do not make them better wrestlers.

It was a single line that reminded fans of why they fell in love with the petite New Jerseyan in the first place. She is different from the rest of the prototypical Divas and can be very vocal when the time arises.

AJ Pipebombs on RAW.

OverratedSanity

Listening to it now and the parts on Ryback and Batista are great. :laugh:

Edit: fantastic interview that. The stuff about the staph interview... wow.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

For anyone who missed the entire Punk leaving with the title saga after Money in the Bank 2011, here's a great video. Mere days after winning the title and leaving through the crowd, Punk made a surprise appearance and interrupted a comic con panel which had HHH and Stephanie talking about crowning a new "legit" WWE champion. HHH and Punk exchange some great barbs at each other and it's just all round great stuff, and the crowd there went nuts for it.

andmark

International Captain
Would urge anyone who hasn't to watch all of the Punk-Cena match. Incredible match with the crowd damaging the roof with the marking out.

He did seem like an arrogant prick outside the ring though