• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Agree. I don't think the captaincy is quite necessary, but I think someone like Foster could come in and do a great job behind the stumps while being no worse with the bat than Prior has been.
i am amazed nobody is talking about Buttler coming in to replace Prior? Surely he is a better option than the likes of Foster, who whilst being a better keeper, doesnt appear to be as good with the bat?

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
i am amazed nobody is talking about Buttler coming in to replace Prior? Surely he is a better option than the likes of Foster, who whilst being a better keeper, doesnt appear to be as good with the bat?
Given our reliance on pace you're right, but if a spinner was playing a big role for England Foster would be the man - he's not just a better keeper than the others, he is one of the best ever

YorksLanka

International Debutant
i would have thought that given the age differences of the two, choosing Buttler would be an investment for the future, giving him time to improve his keeping if needed (and his backing up too:ph34r:)

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
i would have thought that given the age differences of the two, choosing Buttler would be an investment for the future, giving him time to improve his keeping if needed (and his backing up too:ph34r:)
We'd be looking at a temporary job. A year or two, until Buttler is ready.

FFS India's slip catching is frustrating. They're always miles too deep.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
While i can certainly see the arguments for Prior having extreme troubles with gloves he's not been terrible with the bat this season in tests. He's averaging 37.

If not for the retirements of other players i don't think he'd be playing right now. They didn't want to lose all their experienced players at once.

Last edited:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
While i can certainly see the arguments for Prior having extreme troubles with gloves he's not been terrible with the bat this season in tests. He's averaging 37.
The thing is though he is costing way more behind the stumps than he is scoring with the bat.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Agree with the comments above about Cook being shot and Prior being done. I don't think Cook will walk away so he has to be sacked and I don't see that happening. At least Prior hasn't got a career saving big score here.

Laughable making out Plunkett is our number 10. In many years he would have batted 8 and you wouldn't be too worried about him there. He needs a big score to help him, his bowling is either very good (Headingley) or not very good like it has been at Lord's this summer. Letting all bowlers off for TB as that was the crappest pitch in a summer of crap pitches. This one is good though, good bowling and good batting is getting rewards and bad batting and bowling is rightly getting punished.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Good skills there. If i'd have attempted it i'd have either kicked the ball into the stumps or just straight up kicked the stumps down.