• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

King Pietersen

International Captain
****ing hell. Vijay? VIJAY? He'd worked so hard to get to 32, and to chuck it away against Vijay is not good. Got a potentially awesome Test here, still something in it for the seamers, and it's turning a bit for the spinners. Best Lords wicket for absolutely years.

91Jmay

International Coach
Awful shot from Moeen. So lazy.

Top knock from GB. Was a bit unconvinced by his technique whenever I've seen him but making hay so far!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
you're saying:
1. Anderson is a ****
2. Dhoni has a history of resolution ahead of conflict.

But don't you see how Anderson being a **** could cause Dhoni to be pushed towards conflict ahead of resolution? It seems like all parties involved except for Dhoni thought that resolution was the best solution except for Dhoni.

Now it could be that Dhoni is the only correct one out of this bunch of administrators, but it's also just as possible that it was a minor incident that involved wrongdoing from both sides and that the best solution would be mediated resolution.

Finally, if it turns out that Anderson did indeed push Jadeja, then Dhoni has showed immense leadership in pushing for the correct charges. But it's also possible that he's being a stubborn bastard because Anderson is generally a ****.
This has nothing to do with anything I said hendrix. I said Dhoni isn't pushing this simply to get Anderson banned to get an advantage in the series.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Cook's too vanilla. He's like a modern politican. They're all coached to death with regards to media. He'd get a lot more respect if he sat there occasionally and actually told us what's on his mind.
No. He did actually tell us what was on his mind and he looked like a complete ****. He whined about how he was being criticised by Warne instead of pretending like it didn't hurt him.

He should stick to being a vanilla boring captain until he eventually gets fired, rather than say what he really thinks.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Big wickets here, and it's really not been good batting. Ballance I suppose has an excuse for a weary shot, but we're well behind in this match again now.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Man, that was some tired bowling at the end.

Anyway, India slightly have the edge here but this test is interestingly poised.

91Jmay

International Coach
Will have to work hard to get level, but deep batting line up so we have a chance. Still throwing away positions of strength though.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Getting worried about Shami now. Looks like he's about to join that insanely long line of hyped up Indian bowlers who become crap. Bhuvi such a fun though

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Getting worried about Shami now. Looks like he's about to join that insanely long line of hyped up Indian bowlers who become crap. Bhuvi such a fun though
He is bit of a reverse swing bowler at home in sort of rough surfaces who has to adapt still to using the new ball better.

Definitely has potential though and has made improvements since he first came on the International scene even though not been great this innings.

He'll probably be dropped at this rate next game though as Ishant survives with his 1 good spell last match. Urgh.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
**** this is a strange England side. I thought what we needed more than anything was a new generation of batsmen actually stepping up. We've had this so far but don't look a better side. I guess there were so many things broken that this one (albeit very important) facet isn't nearly enough. Senior players ffs.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
**** this is a strange England side. I thought what we needed more than anything was a new generation of batsmen actually stepping up. We've had this so far but don't look a better side. I guess there were so many things broken that this one (albeit very important) facet isn't nearly enough. Senior players ffs.
Broad is doing great. So is Jimmy. Bell was until the last 3-4 innings. It's just about Cook, Prior (both wking and batting), the third pacer, and spinner. Swann gave you a huge lift, as has been oft repeated.