• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
This is schoolboy stuff, if TMS are to be believed. To cope with the dross that Plunkett's serving up, Cook has put 3 men in the deep on the leg side. Instead of telling the useless ****er to bowl straight and pitch it up, apparently. Because bowling short from around the wicket with an old ball on this track is such a good tactic.

Maybe it's for the best if we lose this heavily and Cook's position becomes completely untenable.

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
This is indescribably stupid
But not a surprise given everything that we've seen from this team. And the way the balls still moves about when they do pitch it up confirms that this has been India's day. By a distance. Can't see England reaching 150 on this if India's seamers do their job properly, which I suspect they will.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I am sorry, but having a weakness as a batsman on swing havens is not the same thing as not having talent and fights. The man just scored 82 in the last test. Has 6 test centuries. Flibbertyjibber can go and stuff his nonsense.
All I meant was I wish it was Pujara or Rahane who have balls to stand up and don't gift their wicket away time after time in overseas tours.

No need to go all Jadeja/Dhoni on me and claim you are being victimised. Touchy aint you :laugh:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
All I meant was I wish it was Pujara or Rahane who have balls to stand up and don't gift their wicket away time after time in overseas tours.

No need to go all Jadeja/Dhoni on me and claim you are being victimised. Touchy aint you :laugh:
You're right. I got a bit touchy there out of nowhere :D Still don't think you're right though.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Maybe this is as good a time as any to ponder whether this summer is shaping up to be the worst we've seen from England in a home series. Up to now, 1986 and 1989 have been out on their own in that particular ranking, but what we've seen this summer may well have taken incompetence to a whole new level.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Beautiful shot by Ajinkya there. I am so happy for our middle order. And Bhuvi is SUCH a gem :wub: Chuck out Binny and Jadeja.

****!!!!