• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
England win toss and bowl?? WTF......better roll these ****s in a hurry, if India are batting tomorrow lunch our bowlers will be dead.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Makes sense to bowl. It's going to be friendly to the bowlers for the first hour to two hours, so might as well get in at them early, and try and nip a couple out before the sun gets on it, and it flattens out.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I feel sad for Pankaj Singh. Totally his kind of pitch. Let's see Binny bowl some solid overs on this one.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Makes sense to bowl. It's going to be friendly to the bowlers for the first hour to two hours, so might as well get in at them early, and try and nip a couple out before the sun gets on it, and it flattens out.
Yeah I get that, and the wicket certainly looks bowl first......just worried about only 3 days off from the overs they bowled in the last test. An extra day and a bit would have been welcome I'd have thought.

Anyway, if we bowl them out by tea it will certainly be a good call.

Teja.

Global Moderator
I mean you can't judge until the first hour of play but surely when you have an incredibly pace reliant attack, an angry James Anderson opening the bowling and everyone in the Indian batting lineup barring their 3-5 decidedly dodgy against movement, it isn't an atrocious decision to send India in on the first day?

Sad to see Bhuvi not get first shot on this pitch though. :(

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah I get that, and the wicket certainly looks bowl first......just worried about only 3 days off from the overs they bowled in the last test. An extra day and a bit would have been welcome I'd have thought.

Anyway, if we bowl them out by tea it will certainly be a good call.
In your dreams !

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I mean you can't judge until the first hour of play but surely when you have an incredibly pace reliant attack, an angry James Anderson opening the bowling and everyone in the Indian batting lineup barring their 3-5 decidedly dodgy against movement, it isn't an atrocious decision to send India in on the first day?

Always a brave call though, not least relying on England's bowlers to pitch it up & actually make the batsmen play, and our fielders to catch the edges. If it goes wrong, Cook's position will look even worse than it already does.