• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
If you think its a false accusation for a tactical reason why wouldn't you make one back?
If you think he did something wrong, fine, make an accusation. But don't make an accusation because you think the other guys are making tactical accusations.

Cook can't stand there complaining about tactical accusations if his team is doing the exact same thing.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I wonder how much of this is a hangover from the Ian Bell run-out incident in the last test series between the two teams. At the time Dhoni took the high road, and was publicly criticised for being a naive doormat for the rest of the series.
It can't be. Don't remember much public criticism of Dhoni. None in India which is what would have bothered him, if at all. Dhoni is his own man. He does what he thinks is right. He doesn't get swayed by pressures from media, sometime to his own detriment.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If you think he did something wrong, fine, make an accusation. But don't make an accusation because you think the other guys are making tactical accusations.

Cook can't stand there complaining about tactical accusations if his team is doing the exact same thing.
Come on, it's pretty obvious why they would launch a counter claim. If they feel it's genuinely a 50-50 situation then it would be negligent not to make one once Anderson was charged.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
What I find slightly odd is that when Ishant and Root "had words" on the fourth day after the former (wrongly, as it happens) thought he had the latter caught behind, Anderson acted (admittedly somewhat out of character) as peacemaker.

Jimmeh didn't seem to be the Indian's bete noir then.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
What I find slightly odd is that when Ishant and Root "had words" on the fourth day after the former (wrongly, as it happens) thought he had the latter caught behind, Anderson acted (admittedly somewhat out of character) as peacemaker.

Jimmeh didn't seem to be the Indian's bete noir then.
Pretty obvious that England would not risk an escalation of a situation that could lead to Ishant getting banned.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
If that's not conclusive proof of Anderson's deviousness, what is? Lock him up and throw away the key already.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I am going to keep aside the kind of attitude problems that Anderson may or may not have. I am almost completely certain that Dhoni would not have taken this action unless there was something absolutely real.

He is far too much of a reserved person for that, and would much rather have peace in his life. Looking at other pieces of news, it seems fairly certain that his advances on this matter have been despite of the efforts of BCCI and ECB, whose default position would have been to try and not escalate the situation.

He wasn't willing to speak about it in the press room either until it was pointed out to him that Cook had basically called him a ****, or at the very least a calculating liar.

He was there, and saw what happened. No captain ever tries to get a player banned to win a series ffs; it just doesn't happen. His job, or place in the side, or his legacy and standing back home are not affected by this series.

I also don't think he would have taken this action if he felt that Jadeja was equally at fault. He has already said that he was very glad that Jadeja had not responded, and had dealt with the situation in the correct manner. He specified that, in the past, Indian players have been taken to task for responding to such incidents. So, I think he knows what he is talking about

There is absolutely no reason for him to be so steadfast on this, unless he has adopted Jadeja as a son. And people saying "If there was a push, it was just a push, and they should resolve it like men behind the scenes", I agree with your view. However, it is just like football, where a defender can get someone black and blue while playing but still not get a yellow card, and then get a red for the lightest headbutt. Also, for the scene to be resolved behind the scenes,apologies need to take place. And considering England seem to think Jadeja was as responsible, this wouldn't have materialized.

I don't think anyone should be banned for pushing when they are allowed to take somebody's head off on field with a bouncer, but the law does. Go figure.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So if the weather forecast is correct the side bowling on Saturday before the storms should be favourite. Would imagine it will swing loads on Saturday if they can get on.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
wow , if that really is the pitch, cant see this match going the full five days !!would be surprised commercially, if that is allowed to be the case...

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England making the same mistake as new Zealand. Such a pitch just makes it more likely for our inferior bowlers to get wickets.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Don't let the grass fool you. Once the ball goes a bit soft, this pitch will be flat as a pancake, as it always is. Get through the first hour, and it'll be plain sailing all day.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Really hoping we win the toss and bat first and for (hopefully) a decent time. An extra day and half with their feet up will do no harm at all for our bowlers.