• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Mark Ilott or Mark Ealham spring to mind. Back to 93 we go
Well our current run of nine winless tests is our worst trot since 93, so...

In all likelihood it'll be Woakes, won't it? Continuity of selection and all that. Although admittedly that's never been a massive consideration for our panel.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
The same captain who called Bell back at Trent Bridge when he was run out in 2011 is now making up the seriousness of the incident to have Anderson banned in like 3 tests time.
you're saying:
1. Anderson is a ****
2. Dhoni has a history of resolution ahead of conflict.

But don't you see how Anderson being a **** could cause Dhoni to be pushed towards conflict ahead of resolution? It seems like all parties involved except for Dhoni thought that resolution was the best solution except for Dhoni.

Now it could be that Dhoni is the only correct one out of this bunch of administrators, but it's also just as possible that it was a minor incident that involved wrongdoing from both sides and that the best solution would be mediated resolution.

Finally, if it turns out that Anderson did indeed push Jadeja, then Dhoni has showed immense leadership in pushing for the correct charges. But it's also possible that he's being a stubborn bastard because Anderson is generally a ****.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
you're saying:
1. Anderson is a ****
2. Dhoni has a history of resolution ahead of conflict.

But don't you see how Anderson being a **** could cause Dhoni to be pushed towards conflict ahead of resolution? It seems like all parties involved except for Dhoni thought that resolution was the best solution except for Dhoni.

Now it could be that Dhoni is the only correct one out of this bunch of administrators, but it's also just as possible that it was a minor incident that involved wrongdoing from both sides and that the best solution would be mediated resolution.

Finally, if it turns out that Anderson did indeed push Jadeja, then Dhoni has showed immense leadership in pushing for the correct charges. But it's also possible that he's being a stubborn bastard because Anderson is generally a ****.
Actually it makes sense for the administrators to want to keep the relationship between themselves amicable (Almost like what Australian cricketers allege CA did in 2008). Dhoni is having none of it.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Supposedly there is no video evidence and each side claims to have one neutral witness. Should be a fun few days :D

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Supposedly there is no video evidence and each side claims to have one neutral witness. Should be a fun few days :D
If that's the case it will be hilarious when England raises the Harbhajan/ Symonds case as a precedent.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
This is going to be ridiculous.

England really look like ****s with the counter-claim. If there was supposedly nothing to the incident, why are they lodging a complaint against Jadeja?

The Indian management team are often petulant but the English equivalent are just bloody incompetent idiots. And now the stuff Cook's saying in the media that he thinks it's a tactic - obviously plenty are thinking that but you have to be a ****ing halfwit to actually say that as the English captain.

Seriously inept management.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
If there's no real evidence they should just get over it and move on. Its not like we are talking about a murder case here, apparently some fella got pushed.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
The Warner-Root incident springs to mind as one dealt with quickly. Of course, in that case Warner hit him and there wasn't really much argument over what went on. Nevertheless, no damage was done to Root. I don't think you can say "it's only a push". It has to be acted on or else it will escalate for sure.
I was thinking about this as the only similar precedent that springs to mind. IIRC there was no complaint lodged by England and therefore no need for any ICC intervention, Australia dealt with it "in house"??

I would have thought that was the ideal way to deal with such matters.

I don't have any strong feelings on this incident either way at this stage until some more details come out, does seem on the face of it to be fairly minor though (certainly compared to the Warner/Root smack in the chops) so it is disappointing that charges have been laid by both sides...........that said if it is worse than I'm thinking and Jimmy did cross the line then I guess it's best the ICC are involved.

Should be a spicy first morning if England are bowling.

Flem274*

123/5
Match ref to stand over them with a ruler while Jadeja and Anderson shake hands on the middle of the Lords pitch, have a pash or whatever they need to do.

Nice to see Dhoni sticking his neck out for his players and pushing their cases. You can see why he's the skipper.

Am I the only one who doesn't mind Cook firing shots? I can't help but love/respect captains who just go all in with what they think, **** the fallout.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Am I the only one who doesn't mind Cook firing shots? I can't help but love/respect captains who just go all in with what they think, **** the fallout.
He's not firing shots though. He's just being a ****ing idiot, as usual.

Nice guy but he's horrible with the media.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cook's too vanilla. He's like a modern politican. They're all coached to death with regards to media. He'd get a lot more respect if he sat there occasionally and actually told us what's on his mind.

Raffski

School Boy/Girl Captain
This is going to be ridiculous.

England really look like ****s with the counter-claim. If there was supposedly nothing to the incident, why are they lodging a complaint against Jadeja?

The Indian management team are often petulant but the English equivalent are just bloody incompetent idiots. And now the stuff Cook's saying in the media that he thinks it's a tactic - obviously plenty are thinking that but you have to be a ****ing halfwit to actually say that as the English captain.

Seriously inept management.
I think the point England are making with the counter claim is that Anderson has done no worse than Jadeja- If one is guilty so is the other

As for Cook's comments, what's wrong with them? It's a way of supporting his team mate, similar to what Dhoni has done

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I think the point England are making with the counter claim is that Anderson has done no worse than Jadeja- If one is guilty so is the other

As for Cook's comments, what's wrong with them? It's a way of supporting his team mate, similar to what Dhoni has done
The accusation is one of violence. You don't trivialise that by claiming that it's a tactic. You let people draw their own conclusions about that once the evidence has been presented. It's fine for the media to make speculations because they are the media, but to accuse Dhoni of making false accusations for tactical reasons is bloody poor.

Also, the "if one is guilty then so is the other" thing is rubbish. You either think he did something worthy of punishment or you don't.

91Jmay

International Coach
The accusation is one of violence. You don't trivialise that by claiming that it's a tactic. You let people draw their own conclusions about that once the evidence has been presented. It's fine for the media to make speculations because they are the media, but to accuse Dhoni of making false accusations for tactical reasons is bloody poor.

Also, the "if one is guilty then so is the other" thing is rubbish. You either think he did something worthy of punishment or you don't.
Yeah that doesn't make any sense. To me its a load of bollocks between known pussbags but if India have made a claim why wouldn't England make one back? If you think its a false accusation for a tactical reason why wouldn't you make one back? Makes no sense, you don't get extra runs for being principally correct.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I wonder how much of this is a hangover from the Ian Bell run-out incident in the last test series between the two teams. At the time Dhoni took the high road, and was publicly criticised for being a naive doormat for the rest of the series.