• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
They undoubtedly do -- just like every other side. It's largely incompatible with professional sport to the point where it makes hypocrites out of the majority.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It is far from the first time that England have irritated their opposition to a disproportionate level. Maybe it is their sledging, maybe it is their media, maybe it is the perception of their hubris or maybe they are even innocent victims, but the England side is universally unpopular almost across the globe. Sri Lanka is the latest example of a team who were infuriated by their tactics. You might even call the latest issue a case of Jedaja-vu.

To some extent, England may revel in such a reputation. They may claim that it unsettles their opponents and goads them into reckless moments.

But there is equal evidence to suggest it goads them into career-best performances. Just consider Angelo Mathews at Headingley, George Bailey at Perth and Marlon Samuels at Trent Bridge. It is hard to avoid the conclusion that much of England's on-field behaviour is not just posturing, but self-defeating posturing.

Time to put money on a Jadeja triple ton.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Jimmy Anderson's reputation here in Australia is absolutely **** ftr. Most. People. Think he is an absolute cry baby ****. Which he is.

Jadeja is a wanker too so this is hard to judge without details.

The idea the BCCI want Jimmy banned for the series just for ****s and giggles is hilarious though. Particularly when Dhoni apparently is pushing the issue. The same Dhoni who called Ian bell back last time when he was rightfully out.

Vaughan is at it too. This is going to be ugly.
For '****s and giggles'? He's by far Englands best bowler, the motivation is obvious right?

So how exactly was Jadeja touched, was it a pat on the bum?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The same captain who called Bell back at Trent Bridge when he was run out in 2011 is now making up the seriousness of the incident to have Anderson banned in like 3 tests time.

NasserFan207

For the record I don't think this is some BCCI conspiracy, I think Dhoni just made the most of an opportunity. There probably was an altercation but I doubt it was anything a pint wouldn't solve, and it likely wasn't a oneway street. Jadeja is known for being aggressive himself.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We don't know the facts, to support either side strongly without them would be pretty foolish. That said, I think the conspiracy theory that Dhoni and the BCCI made **** up just to get Anderson banned is stupid and highly unlikely.

My best (and a bit too specific) guess would be:

- Jadeja and co are swaggering past the English team towards the dressing room
- Jadeja makes a comment/joke in Hindi to his teammates about Anderson
- Anderson realises they were talking or laughing about him, confronts Jadeja and gives him a 'back off' push
- Jadeja then pretends he wants to fight while shouting at Dhoni in Hindi to restrain him
- Anderson gets frightened and walks off, Dhoni lets go of Jadeja, Jadeja twirls his moustache

Teja.

Global Moderator
For '****s and giggles'? He's by far Englands best bowler, the motivation is obvious right?

So how exactly was Jadeja touched, was it a pat on the bum?
First, No, he's not. Over the last two years so, Stuart Broad has been England's best bowler both output-wise and also even watching them bowl, the difference in quality is distinctive.

Even if you go farther than that and/or make a subjective argument for Anderson, it's definitely not by far.

Secondly, the point being made is that this is not primarily a BCCI thing, Dhoni is pushing the issue and unlike with the BCCI, It isn't really consistent with Dhoni's behaviour to act on perverse 'motivations' and formulate a masterplan to get one the other team's top two bowlers out of the game.

NasserFan207

First, No, he's not. Over the last two years so, Stuart Broad has been England's best bowler both output-wise and also even watching them bowl, the difference in quality is distinctive.

Even if you go farther than that and/or make a subjective argument for Anderson, it's definitely not by far.

Secondly, the point being made is that this is not primarily a BCCI thing, Dhoni is pushing the issue and unlike with the BCCI, It isn't really consistent with Dhoni's behaviour to act on perverse 'motivations' and formulate a masterplan to get one the other team's top two bowlers out of the game.
You'd rather face Anderson than Broad in English conditions? I haven't been watching as much cricket in the last year or so, but that sounds nuts to me.

I agree that BCCI probably aren't involved.

Last edited:

NasserFan207

Yeah but you didn't say that in the original post and then implied Teja was nuts for disagreeing with something you didn't mention :p
I should've mentioned English conditions in the post bro. Anyway this is irrelevant now England have Kerrigan the destroyer. He will soon drink your tears

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Sorry but England launching a counter claim straight away does make me think this is six of one half a dozen of the other

If there's evidence to the contrary I'll happily criticise Jimmy

I don't see the relevance of something Dhoni did three years ago. Might as well bring up the time he claimed KP on the bounce to the contrary as a counter if we want to look at whether he would do something unsporting?

Meh, wait and see I guess

Teja.

Global Moderator
Know it was only one match and not typical swinging conditions but Broad was an absolute country mile better than any other bowler on either side in Trent Bridge and I find it hard to believe that Anderson can suddenly become the best English bowler by far if conditions are more favourable to the James Anderson style of bowling.

tl;dr - Stuart Broad is a ****ing gun. :

Teja.

Global Moderator
I should've mentioned English conditions in the post bro. Anyway this is irrelevant now England have Kerrigan the destroyer. He will soon drink your tears
Yeah, sorry for the sidetrack, I'm a big Broad fan and not particularly fond of Anderson so I had to jump in to whiteknight. :p

NasserFan207

Know it was only one match and not typical swinging conditions but Broad was an absolute country mile better than any other bowler on either side in Trent Bridge and I find it hard to believe that Anderson can suddenly become the best English bowler by far if conditions are more favourable to the James Anderson style of bowling.

tl;dr - Stuart Broad is a ****ing gun. :
Anderson's record in English conditions is godlike. Broad is inconsistent.