• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

Swingpanzee

International Regular
Was this really necessary? I'm not really eager to take sides but all the people behind this seem like a bunch of whiners imo.

indiaholic

International Captain
"Anderson says Jadeja moved towards him in a threatening manner as the players went up the pavilion steps for lunch. Anderson put his hands up in defence and it was all over in a couple of seconds."

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How could mediation not have solved this? How is this possible unless the mediator was an idiot? :blink:
You're talking about Anderson, who's been a grumpy **** for a couple of years now, and the Indian cricket team, who are the greatest pack of whingers on God's earth.

It was never going to resolve.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
You're talking about Anderson, who's been a grumpy **** for a couple of years now, and the Indian cricket team, who are the greatest pack of whingers on God's earth.

It was never going to resolve.
Its not like the Aussies never whinge do they Burgey sweetheart :-) .

They massively abused Harbhajan in an odi series and when he decides to give some back in a subsequent test series , they run to the match referee complaining how they are the victims.

When they lose in England, it is because the pitches are tailor made for Swann.
When they get licked in India, its because those pitches are dustbowls and not fit to play on.

Yep the Australian cricket team - a model for exemplary behaviour.

Teja.

Global Moderator
I'm not talking about the current scandal because the details are not out and its futile to speculate but as Anderson's No. 1 detractor on the forum for the last five years it's weird how he enjoys perhaps the cleanest and most loved image of all current cricketers among fans despite by several accounts being a **** on field. I mean it's different from say, McGrath and Kohli (the only time I use these two names in the same sentence I hope) as people acknowledge that they can be hot headed ****s on field but still love them anyway, people seem to think teh Jimmeh is a smashing guy who couldn't hurt a fly.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Its not like the Aussies never whinge do they Burgey sweetheart :-) .

They massively abused Harbhajan in an odi series and when he decides to give some back in a subsequent test series , they run to the match referee complaining how they are the victims.

When they lose in England, it is because the pitches are tailor made for Swann.
When they get licked in India, its because those pitches are dustbowls and not fit to play on.

Yep the Australian cricket team - a model for exemplary behaviour.
Play the post, not the nationality of the poster.

Anybody else starts doing this type of crap (be it directed at Indian posters, Englishmen or anybody else who wades into this thread), expect trolling infractions.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Play the post, not the nationality of the poster.

Anybody else starts doing this type of crap (be it directed at Indian posters, Englishmen or anybody else who wades into this thread), expect trolling infractions.
typical australian moderating

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'm not talking about the current scandal because the details are not out and its futile to speculate but as Anderson's No. 1 detractor on the forum for the last five years it's weird how he enjoys perhaps the cleanest and most loved image of all current cricketers among fans despite by several accounts being a **** on field. I mean it's different from say, McGrath and Kohli (the only time I use these two names in the same sentence I hope) as people acknowledge that they can be hot headed ****s on field but still love them anyway, people seem to think teh Jimmeh is a smashing guy who couldn't hurt a fly.
Jimmy Anderson's reputation here in Australia is absolutely **** ftr. Most. People. Think he is an absolute cry baby ****. Which he is.

Jadeja is a wanker too so this is hard to judge without details.

The idea the BCCI want Jimmy banned for the series just for ****s and giggles is hilarious though. Particularly when Dhoni apparently is pushing the issue. The same Dhoni who called Ian bell back last time when he was rightfully out.

Vaughan is at it too. This is going to be ugly.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This just in

Dhoni wouldn't talk about the specifics of what happened and where it happened, but made sure he mentioned Ravindra Jadeja was touched, in a manner serious enough for India to consider these charges, and that Jadeja did not instigate Anderson.
Way to make it sound like ***ual harassment, MS.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Also

The ICC's release said the incident happened on the second day of the Trent Bridge Test when the players were walking back for lunch. Dhoni and Jadeja were the unbeaten batsmen, and Anderson had been quite vocal after an appeal was turned down on the first ball of the last over before lunch.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Forget Anderson, the Indian team should be afraid of this guy. He doesn't need to sledge or bump into anyone, his expressions say it all.

Last edited:

Teja.

Global Moderator
The idea the BCCI want Jimmy banned for the series just for ****s and giggles is hilarious though. Particularly when Dhoni apparently is pushing the issue. The same Dhoni who called Ian bell back last time when he was rightfully out.
The ICC's release said the incident happened on the second day of the Trent Bridge Test when the players were walking back for lunch. Dhoni and Jadeja were the unbeaten batsmen, and Anderson had been quite vocal after an appeal was turned down on the first ball of the last over before lunch.
Yeah, considering Dhoni was present at the scene of the incident and is also pushing the issue aggressively - I don't see where the BCCI fits into the core narrative. If people have a bone to pick, It should be with Dhoni not the BCCI.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Don't let facts get in the way of a good anti-BCCI rant IMO.

Spoiling all the fun with your stupid 'facts'.