• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So a decision which you said didn't look out, which was then given out isn't a bad decision.

Ok mate :laugh:
I said it didn't look that bad a decision. All I meant was that it was made to look worse in slow motion.

91Jmay

International Coach
I said it didn't look that bad a decision.
Right but you didn't think it was out? So when it was given out that makes it a bad decision doesn't it. We aren't talking about an LBW here. He clearly missed the ball (no noise, clear gap) and the umpire gave him out. Its a howler, lets move on.

Not the reason England are in the hole though. That's just terrible batting (and some good bowling).

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Broad is such an idiot with the mindset of a club cricketer. Coming out to bat complaining about decisions that have gone and can't be changed is just terrible. It's a terrible mindset. You need to be concentrating on batting rather than anything has gone in the past and can't be changed.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Can see us making a few changes for the next test the way this is going.
Where do you begin though? You can see us getting through 25 players in the summer at this rate.

I'd be tempted to bring in James Foster or Chris Read as WK and short-term captaincy fix. Dunno whether Read captains Notts, but Foster certainly captains Essex.
And I probably wouldn't do much more than that at this stage.
Much as I'd love to invite Bell and Broad to clear off back to their counties, it probably wouldn't be a smart move just yet. And I'd be willing to give Cook some time in the side without the burden of captaincy.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Broad is such an idiot with the mindset of a club cricketer. Coming out to bat complaining about decisions that have gone and can't be changed is just terrible. It's a terrible mindset. You need to be concentrating on batting rather than anything has gone in the past and can't be changed.
Haha yeah couldn't agree more. Does he think that by having a whinge the umpires are going to reverse their decision?

viriya

International Captain
Looking at Ballance's dismissal - it's a carbon copy of how he got out in the 2nd innings at Headingley to Prasad.. definitely LBW candidate.

Zinzan

Lol, I still thought it looked out real time and I'm normally not too bad picking them live. Perhaps the sound of the bat hitting pad at the same time as the ball passed the bat convinced me. In my defense it's nearly 3am and I've been out drinking. :ph34r:

Daemon

Right but you didn't think it was out? So when it was given out that makes it a bad decision doesn't it.
It makes it a wrong decision. Bad is a bit subjective, for me at least.

We aren't talking about an LBW here. He clearly missed the ball (no noise, clear gap) and the umpire gave him out. Its a howler, lets move on.
Yeah I clearly wouldn't make a great umpire, or maybe it's my low quality stream.

Zinzan

As Bobby Willis once said... it's in his genes.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
It's also yet more evidence why he shouldn't be anywhere near the captaincy discussion that's going to happen soon enough.

King Pietersen

International Captain
You'd expect wholesale changes to be made after yet another ****e performance, but won't happen. Cook will still be captain this time next year, and still be playing like a ****. They're not going to bin the captain so soon into the Moore-Cook partnership.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
we suck

Sounds like we've had the rough end of the non-DRS so far in the match, but there is no excusing this, prima facie

Not seen a ball though.

BTW, not to seem a hypocrite after my own contributions three years ago but it would be wonderful if we didn't have a tour thread to match those...yeah?

But, but its Indian poster going after Indian poster :p

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
At least Broad gives a ****. In this post-KP era of division and strife, I want passion if we're going to suck. And boy, we suck. So the passion is all we got.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Well bowled by India, Prior got a shocker but it's still annoying how long England bat, seriously opportunity for India though.

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah, I ****ing hope no English media even mention DRS. Concentrate on the cluster**** not a rather minor (by comparison) issue. Broad is a ****ing embarrasment as well, and I'm glad he looks like an utter dick for moaning about the pitch.