• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

91Jmay

International Coach
Boring but required session. Jadeja bowled pretty well I thought in the face of almost no aggression.

auditor

School Boy/Girl Captain
Full-time one test match six o'clock, right?

I do bet under 550 runs, if there is no wicket (all out), how much time is to play England?

Last edited:

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Fair point But it's hard not too when we have seen him before and know already how good/bad he is. His dismissal was bad too with the bat.

Don't get the basis of this selection to begin with. I'd rather even have a Rishi Dhawan over him for that sort of role.
I would rather think that its poor thinking on MSD's part here. Not that Binny's selection is wrong, if you look at the way he has played in the domestic games in the past 2-3 years, he deserves to be there, especially when we are looking at a someone who can bowl a bit of swing and bat. Winning with 4 bowlers is difficult for us, this pitch is a a slow and low one and is offering some assistant to Jadeja, so Dhoni can have the cushion of giving him more overs. Otherwise, in overseas games, our spinners don't have much impact, out of the 4 bowlers, the 3 pacers have to bowl a lot more and they get exhausted as a result. This has made it difficult to finish off games for the team, there have been so many instances where our bowlers have ran out of steam at crucial times. With our bowling line-up already a bit weak, 4 bowlers in overseas conditions is not enough, we need someone to contribute a few overs and let our main bowlers bowl in short bursts.

Talking about MSD, if he wanted someone who can bat at number 8 and bowl a few tidy overs, than Rishi Dhawan was a better choice, Binny is a better batsman, but surely capable of picking a couple of wickets, and he wasn't that bad either, a flat wicket, 40 over old ball, not ideal for any swing bowler. Even Shami is finding it difficult to keep things tight. Its not good for the confidence of the youngster with the way he is been treated, Binny should bat at 6 or 7 if he's in the team, not 8.

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
****ing Ishant. Will play 5 tests now. Hope he gets a stress fracture in the back by the time the series is over.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
more like Binny ahead of Ashwin

Ishant is suddenly cranking up a notch of pace and he really should do that.. If he is gonna bowl less than 135 KPH he reallly should not be there in the team... But given how he went yesterday I have no doubts that we would have rather had Ashwin ahead of Ishant than Binny.. And Binny is getting the ball to do something when hits the right spot.. He just needs to be more consistent and given his pace, that is something that could be worked upon...

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Who knows, drs would have reversed it.
#BCCIwasright

It is funny, isn't it? If your bat hits the top flap of your pad right at the corner, it is gonna make the same graphic under hotspot as an inside edge would.. I think Snicko showed a thicker impact sound than just ball hitting the inside edge of the bat, which is a small sharp pike as opposed to what we saw at the Robson dismissal.. Still, I guess the hawkeye owners still got things to iron out a bit about their product..

91Jmay

International Coach
Whilst I can't say for certain, I am pretty sure he hit that. Post above smacks of Indian fan being over sensitive about no DRS.

I don't think its a howler though so not to fussed.