• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Leave him to bat and pick someone qualified to bowl
Ummm that's pretty much exactly what they've done. Hard to see why you're complaining.

And who exactly is more qualified to bowl? The best spinner in county cricket over the last few seasons has been Jeetan Patel. I heart the guy but that's not exactly a high bar to set. There's simply noone better.

cricmahanty

School Boy/Girl Captain
Blimey, India don't look like picking five wickets over the course of the match.

Our only hope is if RJ pitches it on those rough patches outside the left-hander's offstump.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ishant's actually bowling as well as he can imo. Bowling in good areas and making the batsmen play.

...aaand just as I type this he's bowled a couple of pies

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Binny doing worse in this test that what pretty much all of Indian fans predicted.

Weirdest of selections.

Don't get the love Star commentators have for him.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Seriously, hoping atleast his father excused himself from selection meeting selecting him. Sigh.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
They do? Ganguly's just spent the last 10 minutes essentially saying he's not good enough for Tests.
Hmm.. they were all saying before the test that they would pick him in the team definitely including Ganguly who said he would be excellent for balance.

I just turned up my volume this over and it seemed to me they were bit making excuses for him as in this aren't good conditions for him ,he is adapting and also talking about how great a guy he was etc..

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Lets just not get too impatient, it's his first game, he's clearly nervous out there, he is bowling at an average of around 125k which isn't that bad. The wicket is extremely flat, the ball is 40 overs old already, not the ideal condition for a swing bowler.

91Jmay

International Coach
Normally I'm one of the first to winge about run rates, but in this scenario GB and Robson doing what they need to do. Can only really lose or draw from here and it doens't seem like a pitch you can score freely on unless you are a naturally scorer off spin (don't think either of these guys are). Bat slowly and fill your boots if need be,

Riggins

International Captain
Lets just not get too impatient, it's his first game, he's clearly nervous out there, he is bowling at an average of around 125k which isn't that bad. The wicket is extremely flat, the ball is 40 overs old already, not the ideal condition for a swing bowler.
que?

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Fair point But it's hard not too when we have seen him before and know already how good/bad he is. His dismissal was bad too with the bat.

Don't get the basis of this selection to begin with. I'd rather even have a Rishi Dhawan over him for that sort of role.