• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Da ****.......you know you're in trouble when the Russians are taking the piss out of you.

adria1

Cricket Spectator
I do not understand the selection of Stuart Binny inthe squad of such an important tour, he had a poor ipl season and a a lucky bangladesh tour!!

Spark

Global Moderator
I've not seen a ball but if the pitch is as you've all said and we don't make the follow on target then we might as well resign from Test Cricket
It's actually more likely than it seems, tbf. Scoring isn't exactly easy and England's bats have been successfully asphyxiated in the past (MCG Day 1 comes to mind) - though obviously whether this attack can do so for long periods is questionable.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
This is exactly the kind of situation we got into in Australia, even on the flat pitches. Tail scrapes to a much higher score than expected, but still only par, and we then think surely England must get runs on this pitch. Cue being rolled for less than 200.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Strauss seems to have been a bit more outspoken in this Test match than previous. Has given some very bizarre opinions, and been very blunt with his opinions, very strange, completely different to how he's been in the box previously. It's like calling someone a **** has given him more freedom to express himself.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Broady reading a book on Larwood. Fredfertang getting excited. About the only thing to get excited about on this anti-cricket pitch.

Can't believe all the chat about bowling line-ups, how can you judge any line-up on this pudding?

social

Broady reading a book on Larwood. Fredfertang getting excited. About the only thing to get excited about on this anti-cricket pitch.

Can't believe all the chat about bowling line-ups, how can you judge any line-up on this pudding?
FC average of 40+ whilst taking slightly more than 1 wicket per match in 2nd division doesn't lie I'm afraid

Ali isn't a test spinner's bum at this stage

Keep him in the team as a bat by all means but he is likely to be cannon fodder with the ball against these guys

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
FC average of 40+ whilst taking slightly more than 1 wicket per match in 2nd division doesn't lie I'm afraid

Ali isn't a test spinner's bum at this stage

Keep him in the team as a bat by all means but he is likely to be cannon fodder with the ball against these guys
Great another using his First Class average against him without understanding his career progression, informed stuff.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Has Ishant always hid the ball when searching for reverse or is this a new thing?

grecian

Great another using his First Class average against him without understanding his career progression, informed stuff.
Pretty typical Social. He's been one of the best spinners in the country for the last 3 years or so. I'm not convinced anyone else would have done any better against the Lankan's and India.

social

Have you seen him bowl?

Guy's got nothin' at this level

He isn't particularly accurate, not much of anything else

Simply not a front line spinner

I know, it, Cook knows it and, worst of all, the opposition know it

Leave him to bat and pick someone qualified to bowl

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Commentators trying to say as nicely as possible that Ishant doesn't deserve to be here :laugh:

Spark

Global Moderator
Strauss seems to have been a bit more outspoken in this Test match than previous. Has given some very bizarre opinions, and been very blunt with his opinions, very strange, completely different to how he's been in the box previously. It's like calling someone a **** has given him more freedom to express himself.
Hope to hear plenty more comms calling people ****s then.