• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

Teja.

Global Moderator
Broad is really great in these spots. You can't hit people like Broad/Morkel when they're bowling well unless you play proper cricket shots.

smash84

The Tiger King
India have done well so far. If they bowl tightly then this match is well on its way to a draw (assumption being of course that ishant and co won't be dismissing england cheaply twice)

YorksLanka

International Debutant
England's quicks need to be much more aggressive towards the 10&11 to clean this up...nothing full, all short and at the body..

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England's quicks need to be much more aggressive towards the 10&11 to clean this up...nothing full, all short and at the body..
Nah we need to do the opposite and pitch it up and full. Plunkett so little use on this pitch.

Spark

Global Moderator
Not quite sure that short midwicket is the most likely place you're going to get Shami out...

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
While Bhuvneshwar Kumar is a bit short of the goods as a strike bowler, he's a capable batsman at seven and eight. He has a century and eleven 50s in FC cricket, unlike the Ishants and Pragyans whom we've seen in the team, who can barely get you ten runs. Two or even three bowlers like him can add some serious strength in the bottom five. No need to add artificial depth by adding more frontline batsmen at seven and eight.

While the five-bowler theory is a smart move for this team, it's tough fielding Jadeja and Binny as full-fledged bowlers who can bowl 40 overs between them.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah exactly. Unless Vijay comes out himself specifically in opposition to DRS then he has every right to complain.
I think people mean the India team deserve it when they make these statements though, even if the individual players don't

It's like England deserved to lose the Ashes 5-0 at Xmas but Ben Stokes didn't

Maybe it isn't like that. I'm totally over India's stance on DRS. It's so 2011

grecian

Honestly, even after his horror-show this innings I'd rather have Ali at the tail. This short-stuff is useless, and he is giving runs away. This partnership is quite important in the context of the match, closer to 400 it goes the closer parity. Mind you I don't quite get this attacking leg-stump from Jimmy either. Too clever by half I reckon.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Nah we need to do the opposite and pitch it up and full. Plunkett so little use on this pitch.
I know what you mean in terms of there's no life in the pitch but I said it because the batsmen look comfortable to pitched up bowling ;wondering if they will gift a wicket if made uncomfortable..

grecian

I think people mean the India team deserve it when they make these statements though, even if the individual players don't

Maybe it isn't like that. I'm totally over India's stance on DRS. It's so 2011
Meh I'd like all long-standing arguments curtailed because they bore my **** off. Yet last Summer we had constant "BCCI is right about DRS it's a shambles" from reactionary sorts, even though most decisions were Umpires call. So this year with the Lankan series being decided by a great DRS decision, and already a potentially game-changing howler here, it will be discussed.

I know what you mean in terms of there's no life in the pitch but I said it because the batsmen look comfortable to pitched up bowling ;wondering if they will gift a wicket if made uncomfortable..
Plunkers is trying to do it though. So far zilch.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Yeah, I do agree. "India can't complain" is a fair statement but "India's players can't complain" isn't if some of them support DRS individually (or if we don't know what they all think).