• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Pujara>Kohli...

but other than that there's the small matter of Amla, De Villiers, Sangakkarra, Chanderpaul, and Clarke to surpass...which I think he'll do but he hasn't done it yet.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Pujara>Kohli...

but other than that there's the small matter of Amla, De Villiers, Sangakkarra, Chanderpaul, and Clarke to surpass...which I think he'll do but he hasn't done it yet.
I think Pujara is equal to Kohli not better, even though Pujara might have done more so far in his international career, I can't help but think that Kohli is the guy who is more likely to succeed against top quality attacks in adverse conditions than Pujara. That 119 he got against SA was seriously special, it was a high quality counter attacking century which very few players (Indian or otherwise) are capable of playing. I'd easily take Pujara over Kohli on Indian pitches though.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Pujara largely protected Kohli from the new ball in South Africa.

I agree that Kohli is capable of more special and counter-attacking innings, but Pujara's technique is absolutely superb and I expect him to score more runs in tougher conditions than Kohli.

Kohli will probably end up with the better record, but I think that will be due to having had the benefit of Pujara at 3.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol at Pujara being better than Kohli. What's next, people are going to say Sachin and Dravid are better.

Spare me.

Esperance

U19 Cricketer
the indian team is p. ****ing good though. i doubt bradman in his prime would bat any higher than 8 if he could.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Never mind that **** Kohli.........I wanna know when KP was ever a serious contender as best bat in the world. Not even the best bat in his country.........either of them.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kohli behing ABdV, Amla and Sangakkara at the moment for me. Pujara and Chanders right behind.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Just for the record as I'm not sure it reads clearly, by "either of them" I did mean either of KPs countries.

91Jmay

International Coach
Give me Warner as well as much as it pains me to say. What he does against new ball attacks is absolutely devastating to teams.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
looks like furball judges players by their best work rather than their normal work.
A little, yeah. I'm trying to provoke a bit of discussion but Kohli's played some absolutely nonsense innings in ODI cricket, he's due one in a Test match. Unfortunately he's unlikely to play many matchwinning innings the way KP did because he's got a joke of a bowling attack behind him.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Just for the record as I'm not sure it reads clearly, by "either of them" I did mean either of KPs countries.
Yeah I understood that, I just thought the idea that KP wasn't England's best batsman during his career was utterly laughable.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I understood that, I just thought the idea that KP wasn't England's best batsman during his career was utterly laughable.
Well that's at least a debatable point..........what's not debatable is that SA have had 3 better batsmen during KP's career. So no, he has never been the best batsman in the world.