• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2014

dermo

International Vice-Captain
wouldnt be surprised if he plays beau scott at centre and hopoate on the wing just to shut down inglis. no way i would do it but wouldn't be surprised to see it happen

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They cruellest themselves first half with poor ball control. Had a few chances. Once Peats went down, any chance of a come back went with him. He's vital, does everything at pace from dummy half.

Games like tonight are why Parra can't contend with the top sides. They've lost five games, three have been blow outs. Tbf the cowboys one had a few excuses - five day turn around and a long flight - but I expected better tonight, even without Hayne.

uvelocity

International Coach
i was backing richards on the wing due to his kicking alone, and i think it would defs be useful still,. but i reckon he's gone off the boil a bit in the last few weeks the lanky fella

howardj

International Coach
Stinks how much Origin rapes the clubs and distorts the Premiership

Full house in the West last night, great occasion, and yet we are denied seeing one of the best players in the world and somebody who the crowd came to see

Such are the ravages of Origin

More convinced than ever it should be a stand-alone Sunday twilight

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
i was backing richards on the wing due to his kicking alone, and i think it would defs be useful still,. but i reckon he's gone off the boil a bit in the last few weeks the lanky fella
I think Richards should be closer to NSW Cup than to the NSW Origin team. Well done Pat for developing a great kick-off and really good goal kicker, because without them I would be playing Koraibate ahead of him.

howardj

International Coach
Check out how they have the team lists displayed on the NRL site

It's just laughable

The official site no less

Last edited:

dermo

I think Richards should be closer to NSW Cup than to the NSW Origin team. Well done Pat for developing a great kick-off and really good goal kicker, because without them I would be playing Koraibate ahead of him.
nah no chance, for every try he scores he lets in 2. hes good for a few drop balls every game to

edit: talking about koroibete here

dermo

in other tigers news mitchell moses carved up wentworthville in his second nsw cup game yesterday, won't be long before hes carving up the nrl alongside brooks

Burgey

No one cares about the Campbelltown MagTiges disfunctional Brady Bunch amalgam mate.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
nah no chance, for every try he scores he lets in 2. hes good for a few drop balls every game to

edit: talking about koroibete here
Reckon you'd have the same problem with a Brooks/Moses halves combo.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Also coming around to the idea of Mansour playing Origin. His game still has flaws but none of the other options are any better and he's such a beast in some areas. I was ambivalent about him staying for big dollars but after the last few weeks I really don't want him to go to Canberra. Sif you'd want to play for Icky too.

dermo

Reckon you'd have the same problem with a Brooks/Moses halves combo.
the stats make brooks out to be a much worse defender than he is, always makes good contact and reads the defence quite well, if players were just running straight past him i'd be worried but he doesn't come up with a heap of glaring misses.

koroibete just straight out cant read the opposition and is awful under the highball.

the tigers have a few problems at the moment but bringing koroibete into the side isn't going to solve any of those.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
the stats make brooks out to be a much worse defender than he is, always makes good contact and reads the defence quite well, if players were just running straight past him i'd be worried but he doesn't come up with a heap of glaring misses.
Wasn't so much looking at Brooks stats, more that he and Moses would be a very small, very young halves combo and that's usually a recipe for a leaky defense. Do agree that Brooks appears to have the right attitude to defense. Does about as well as he can for a guy his size. Not sure Moses would go as well in FG.

Personally I'd give Austin a run of you want to get rid of Lolnasta. Give Moses another year or two.

dermo

yeah personally i'd be giving it to austin for just about the rest of the year but i'd also be giving moses some time in first grade this season, whether that be off the bench or starting against a weaker side.

though even if they threw moses into first grade next week i'd be confident he could handle it, a mate of mine who played with both brooks and moses when they were younger always thought moses was a bit better so that gives you some idea of his talent

Burgey

Yeah Peats is a horror blow for Parra. Kid is a gun. It's a shame, was looking forward to the back half of the year with Mossop debuting this weekend. Luke Kelly is in at hooker but he's a five eighth. They signed Luke Foran but he's been stood down until recently over some legal issue iirc

Last edited:

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Also coming around to the idea of Mansour playing Origin. His game still has flaws but none of the other options are any better and he's such a beast in some areas. I was ambivalent about him staying for big dollars but after the last few weeks I really don't want him to go to Canberra. Sif you'd want to play for Icky too.
Yesssssss!!!