• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in the West Indies 2014

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I think Fulton has to be picked, tbh. So, so good at first slip to the spinners.

I reckon that WI will miss Sammy in that role, even if the batting and bowling are strengthened.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
We have been known to bully Watling back into opening at Sabina Park. Then Roach came along and found some bounce off a length to foil our plan.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wait Narine misses the entire series? Thought it was just the first match. ****ing ridiculous from WICB.

Still maintain that it's a disappointing choice that Narine has made though.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Thought it was just the first match.
Yeah well it was that, 24 hours ago.

WICB’s chief executive officer Michael Muirhead indicated that, if Narine misses the deadline, he would be unavailable for the first Test in Kingston June 8-12; he would remain in the chosen squad of 15 and be eligible for the remainder of the series.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Pros of dropping Narine:

WICB gets to be custodians of the spirit of test cricket for one day. Yeah, bitch!

WICB proves to the world that it takes no **** from it's players and doesn't hesitate to lay the smackdown. In the future no player can expect to bargain for any flex.

Cons of dropping Narine:

WI by it's heavy handed increase in the ban to the full series possibly demotivates one of its biggest talents of recent times from pursuing the longer format.

Their team in the immediate test series right now is weakened considerably.

"Our main business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance, but to do what lies clearly at hand." etc.

Flem274*

123/5
I think Fulton has to be picked, tbh. So, so good at first slip to the spinners.

I reckon that WI will miss Sammy in that role, even if the batting and bowling are strengthened.
he's a reasonable block-basher of spin as well. much better against spin than lateral movement anyway, which is symptomatic of his middle order roots. lateral movement and bounce might be at a minimum in this series so i hope we get some troll runs from fults.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
who plays now narine is out btw beamer/WW? two of shillingford, benn and permaul?
PLEASE play Permaul. In our conditions he was rank and got less turn than Dan. Even if he is a different kettle of fish in wi conditions how effective can he be?

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Permaul's not in the squad though is he? Benn and Shillingford almost certainties I'd imagine

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
PLEASE play Permaul. In our conditions he was rank and got less turn than Dan. Even if he is a different kettle of fish in wi conditions how effective can he be?
He was mediocre on turning tracks in India as well

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
i think I said the odds were $2.75 for NZ and $1.30 for WI about a week ago. Based on this news I am changing them to WI $1.80 -NZ $2.10.

This has given our chances a significant boost but we are still underdogs.