• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in the West Indies 2014

BeeGee

International Captain
Rutherford and Fulton desperately trying to save their places in the test side.

EDIT: And Rutherford is gone. Is that the final nail in the coffin? Latham with a golden opportunity to grab the opening spot. G. Brown continues to impress.

EDIT2: Latham out too. They're both ****. Play Sodhi as an opener and get the extra bowler.

Last edited:

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Well it looks like Narine won't be playing in this test series lads Link ...well done WICB, well f***ing done..we have a weapon who has terrorised NZ over recent times and would have been back in the caribbean days ahead of the first test but lets kill ourselves over some "moral" bullsh/t.. BRAVO!!..and if the team contrives to lose this series i wonder who will accept responsibility for this decision? if they take him out of the first test then fair enough..the entire series is way ott and will cause a sh/tstorm...i hope it's not true.

BeeGee

International Captain
Well it looks like Narine won't be playing in this test series lads Link ...well done WICB, well f***ing done..we have a weapon who has terrorised NZ over recent times and would have been back in the caribbean days ahead of the first test but lets kill ourselves over some "moral" bullsh/t.. BRAVO!!..and if the team contrives to lose this series i wonder who will accept responsibility for this decision? if they take him out of the first test then fair enough..the entire series is way ott and will cause a sh/tstorm...i hope it's not true.
That's ludicrous. He can't make the training camp so he misses the whole series? Ridiculously draconian.

I was looking forward to watching him bowl, ffs.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Ugh, ridiculous decision by WICB - banning Narine for one series. He should be banned completely until he resigns his IPL contract and pledges to play solely for WI.

In other news, good to see Watling get a decent hit out.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah Watling in the runs a little is nice to see. 50s will be very important this series.

Now if Craig out performs Sodhi in the next match do we consider just playing him instead of Sodhi? Or are we more likely to play 2 spinners and drop Wagner?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah Watling in the runs a little is nice to see. 50s will be very important this series.

Now if Craig out performs Sodhi in the next match do we consider just playing him instead of Sodhi? Or are we more likely to play 2 spinners and drop Wagner?
I said a few days ago that I'd just leave Sodhi out. I think both spinners will be playing regardless though. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Boult left out even though it'd be a terrible decision.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Latham
Rutherford
Williamson [5]
Taylor
McCullum
Anderson [6]
Watling
Southee [1]
Wagner [3]
Boult [2]
Craig/Sodhi [4]

That to be our best lineup in this series IMO.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
I was looking forward to have a series without the constant bitching about WI not having a full strength team blah blah. Guess not...

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Incredibly poor from the WI board if it's true what the article says. Narine is one of the best t20 bowlers (if not the best) going around and they want to pull him out of a final so he can get back a few days earlier. The principle is ****ed, because making players choose between IPL and test cricket is never going to end well for some players (often very good players), so if you want tests to be a priority - then be flexible enough to allow your best players to play ffs. And of course the circumstances are just stupid, in this special situation where he's playing a final but would normally be back early they can't handle the fact that he'd be back with the best part of 5 days to prepare? Outrageous.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
This warm-up game is simply proving what we already knew - Tastle for opener and bat deep.

1. Tastle (5)
2. Latham/Fulton
3. KW (6)
4. Taylor
5. McCullum *
6. Anderson (7)
7. Watling +
8. Neesham (3)
9. 5outhee (1)
10. Craig (4)
11. Wagner (2)

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

Completely botched recording of day 2, sorry. They did leave the audio on the stream ftr though.