• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Did Imran Khan use to do intense ball tempering frequently?

rtramdas

U19 12th Man
When asked about the thread started in the forum IndianCricketFans, you replied saying it was your brother who had started the thread. Here is a quote from rtmohanlal from that thread:

Here is your post from earlier in the thread:

How incredibly fortuitous that you and your brother know the exact wrong spelling of "personal". Silly comments indeed...

mind your business maaaan... who are you to interfere in my personnel matters ??? .do you want every thing that are discussed among us brothers to have a consent of yours ???

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
His brother used rtramdas' profile to post the thread on ICF. Don't you know anything harsh?

smash84

The Tiger King
When asked about the thread started in the forum IndianCricketFans, you replied saying it was your brother who had started the thread. Here is a quote from rtmohanlal from that thread:

Here is your post from earlier in the thread:

How incredibly fortuitous that you and your brother know the exact wrong spelling of "personal". Silly comments indeed...
Haha....wow, you do read stuff in incredible detail

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I digress. This is not a court of law and if you think that opinions of those who have seen the game firsthand need to be corroborrated, then it speaks of your disrespect for the average poster and the fact that you yourself have no basis of forming first hand opinion, therefore you are unwilling to admit others in the same position.
I don't care about autobiographies, i know what is saw and asking corroborrating evidence is as assinine as asking corroborating evidence to pronounce that deVilliers is a great batsman...
I'd hope you would know what you saw, although I do sometimes wonder, but what you can't possibly have known, but seem to be suggesting you did, was what was going on in the players minds, unless of course you're telepathetic?

rtramdas

U19 12th Man
just lock this thread - full of invective.
why lock the thread ? some people are responding as if i have committed some murder . i have the right to be the member of any other cricket forum, to put forward msg: in another topic created by my brother in another forum, to create my own member ship in the same forum where my brother or friend or some body closely associated with me is a member.these things are only my own private matters and some of these people are trying to put down me.on the other hand the same people have no hesitation in accepting the morality of Imran as such even on the basis of the testimony of 10 or more persons .
what can i say?

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
And how many people have you interacted with who've seen Imran personally ? I'd be surprised if that sample space is in double digits. And even if it is, so what ? You seek evidence for cheating in a sport where cheating is, univerally a hush-hush/supressed thing in many, many sports to believe cheating exits or ABC was a cheat. Well, i don't thik that is a realistic approach to sports at all. it is your option to believe the opinion or not, but to ask about evidence to conclude that a sportsman was a cheat is like playing on technicalities to get a case dismissed.
Hey look. Anecdotes and unsupported characterisations aren't enough to condemn a player and his career?

Hmmm, I wonder where else we might apply this logic?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
why lock the thread ? some people are responding as if i have committed some murder . i have the right to be the member of any other cricket forum, to put forward msg: in another topic created by my brother in another forum, to create my own member ship in the same forum where my brother or friend or some body closely associated with me is a member.these things are only my own private matters and some of these people are trying to put down me.on the other hand the same people have no hesitation in accepting the morality of Imran as such.
what can i say?
I have no beef with you. My concern is the tone of the last 2-3 pages.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
The agenda has been clear from the first post.
I am pulling out of this Smali - I am not a moderator so shouldn't be sticking my oar in, in the first place. I appreciate that for you given your attachment to Imran this thread will be difficult. I certainly wouldn't be happy if someone took a run at Hadlee.

Talk to you later.

rtramdas

U19 12th Man
The agenda has been clear from the first post.
i know you are a deep Imran admirer. and so was myself...but the difference with me is that i am an Indian. so you may wonder as to why all this mess is ? the answer is 'greatness transcends even enemies'.during my days of serious watching cricket in my teens, that 87 Ind-Pak series hurt me so much to be frank.quite naturally that hatred feeling was even more so towards Imran , the captain.But then as time went by that turned into respect based on ''greatness transcends even enemies'. the more i grew up the more it became.and i started to realise this is just a game and no need of such hatred towards players of any team as time passed by.now some of our great players, to top it the Legend Sachin has retired too. and these IPL circus, t20, match fixing,bollywood masala, commercialization etc have gradually been eating the 'balanace between bat and ball' , so much so that i do not want to follow this game any more.to be frank i have lost complete interest in cricket.also it was just out of curiousity that i started this topic w.r.t Imran because when i recalled some cricket memories
Maninder talking to a televison channel with regard to ball moving like a banana in 82-83 series some years back, Imran admitting to tampering once, Aamir Sohail alleging Imran,Imran's legal case with Botham all came to mind.then my curiousity increased and i browsed in the net.then i could gather the things which i put forward in the topic.and exactly with the intention of screwing the final nail on the coffin of 'my interest for the game' that i deceided to take a member ship in this forum and wanted to know as to what others thought of about these incidents.other than that i do not have any hidden agenda.

Migara

International Coach
give me materials like what i put forward for Imran w.r.t ball tampering . then i shall believe on what you said for sure.
Can start with this.

And Just look for match reports of SL/IND series of 1993. The truth is you already know this but pretends not to know it. I watched 1993 IND/SL series live. All Indian fast bowlers blatantly tampered the ball except Javagal Srinath.Prabhakar was the worst. Kapil Dev was not far behind. Srinath although was never accused of.

rtramdas

U19 12th Man
Can start with this.

And Just look for match reports of SL/IND series of 1993. The truth is you already know this but pretends not to know it. I watched 1993 IND/SL series live. All Indian fast bowlers blatantly tampered the ball except Javagal Srinath.Prabhakar was the worst. Kapil Dev was not far behind. Srinath although was never accused of.
it would be better if you would not manipulate things like ' The truth is you already know this but pretends not to know it'. first of all if i knew about it i have no hesitation in admitting to it.secondly what i wanted to know about was the truth in allegations against Imran's ball tampering. quite naturally i don't think it was needed to put Prabhakar into the equation even if i knew about it unless the situation needed me to do so.

now coming to the video, it is clearly evident that Prabhakar was doing something with the ball. but we can't read too much into the extend of his doing because it is some still photos only unlike Afridi's video from which we can clearly see him biting the ball.any way we can expect these things with a person like Manoj Prabhakar. I went into the details in cricinfo and also in various topics in the net w.r.t matter. what i could get was Prabhakar's name quoted for the same. i didn't get any other name.

w.r.t Kapil merely your saying 'Kapil Dev was not far behind' can never be taken as a convincing evidence against him.

Last edited:

BeeGee

International Captain
I digress. This is not a court of law and if you think that opinions of those who have seen the game firsthand need to be corroborrated, then it speaks of your disrespect for the average poster and the fact that you yourself have no basis of forming first hand opinion, therefore you are unwilling to admit others in the same position.
I don't care about autobiographies, i know what is saw and asking corroborrating evidence is as assinine as asking corroborating evidence to pronounce that deVilliers is a great batsman...
Probably your own liver. Your head is so far up your own ass.