• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand Domestic Season 2013/2014

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I've never had to walk on so many egg shells around people because where I come from, being called an idiot for saying something stupid is par for the course.
You never soften a stance or concede a point which is the problem there. It's always 'no animal may sleep in a bed with sheets' tricks, 'I didn't mean he can't swing it that way on purpose, I meant he can't do it consistently' tricks sooner than a concession, a schtick you've seemingly learnt from a Wall Street self-help book. Often wrong, never in doubt.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Latham finally breaks his 90's curse. Against such a weak CD bowling lineup, this is another great chance for a double.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
yeah ****ty attack but Latham's already made runs against good attacks this season so he deserves some stat padding.

African Monkey

U19 Vice-Captain
But if we're comparing apples with apples, Santner's FC numbers are worse than Ish's. And when I say that, I mean bowling and batting.

I love the snot out of the Colins/Mitch/any HP player but I'll just as happily point out if I think they're picked unjustly, as I felt when Lord de Grandhomme played limited overs international cricket on the back of a single (maybe two) 50s in List A/HRV.

But in saying that, 12 overs, 9 maidens, 5-5 on the biggest road in NZ deserves a call-up ASAP. Gun.
agreed. CdG is amazing tbh.

Blocky

Banned
Exactly what you want to see from Latham going back to domestic cricket after a test match... Rutherford and Fulton however... :(

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
going through Latham's boundaries - I really don't like him sweeping around his front pad like that to balls in line with the stumps. I don't mind a sweep outside off stump, but he'll be a genuine LBW candidate in the Windies if he continues to sweep the straight ones.

Also, looks like a complete road.

Still, runs on the board.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
As for your other point, granted, but then look at you and I - we very rarely have personal clashes despite massively differing viewpoints. I'll post silly pictures of dogs when I consider someone to be beyond a discussion on cricket. You don't see me getting sensitive when people start a whole new meme of "Blockying" do you? Because I take it all in good fun and don't see anything personal being involved here, I've never had to walk on so many egg shells around people because where I come from, being called an idiot for saying something stupid is par for the course.
hang in there blocky. I have enjoyed some of your posts.

If you want to get on SteveNZ's good side by the way try bagging Colin Munro. He will like that.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Brownlie is now up to 6th on the run scoring chart. Not bad for a 'bad ' season. 8 50s and 0 100s means he has flown well and truly under the radar.

vandem

International 12th Man
Todd Astle has bowled more than 50 overs and kept an economy rate under 3, while taking 6 wickets.

His dropping for the Bangladesh tour is looking more and more ridiculous.
Disagree. Too much hindsight in your comment.

At the time, Astle was regarded as a spin-bowling all rounder, and played his only test as #2 spinner (behind Jeets) and batting #7. When Jeets was discarded, Martin was next of the rank, as the test team needed a spinner who could tie up an end in an attack with only 3 seamers + KW. I assume Astle was seen more as a 17-2-80-2 bowler than a 30-8-80-2 bowler.

But now Anderson has changed the game for the test spinner role. Sodhi made the Bangs tour as a learning experience, but when Anderson batted at #6 and was able to bowl 10 overs a day, we could pick a spinner to take wickets in the 3rd / 4th innings, rather than bowl a tight 20-25 overs a day.