• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, if we don't get at least 4 in the morning session the match is lost.
Too add to that, Dhawan has to be one of those wickets, will likely score 60-70 runs himself if he bats the entire session. That said, NZ can't bowl any worse to him than they did this arvo. Have absolutely no clue what that short-wide rubbish outside off-stump with no 3rd man was about.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
no reason to panic yet. As we saw in the West Indies game, for whatever reason the swing didn't really start happening till around the 20th over. Which is what happened here. That's when Boult becomes unplayable.

We should be able to nail them for 250 max. If not, well played to them.

Will again point out how ludicrous it was to make a pitch that makes the toss a lottery against a side with strong batting and weak bowling.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Will again point out how ludicrous it was to make a pitch that makes the toss a lottery against a side with strong batting and weak bowling.
The make a pitch part isn't ludicrous when it was asked for. Groundsman did what was asked for, and would have struggled to come up with something "flat" for batting anyway after the **** weather we've had in the past week, and indeed, most of the summer.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Awesome day for India, thoroughly enjoyable to be there live.

I never doubted you for a second Ishant. I never doubted you for a second Dhawan :ph34r:

For any Kiwi fans panicking, fear not. Whenever I attend an away test match for India (Melbourne, Sydney, Lord's, Trent Bridge) the result is always the same - India lose. So most likely scenario is that India collapse tomorrow and then Fulton scores a double ton in the 3rd innings imo.

Athlai

Not Terrible
The make a pitch part isn't ludicrous when it was asked for. Groundsman did what was asked for, and would have struggled to come up with something "flat" for batting anyway after the **** weather we've had in the past week, and indeed, most of the summer.
Yeah can't blame the groundsman. How fair the pitch has played since about over 40 just goes to show he did a pretty decent job.

Still something in it for the bowlers but it isn't seaming like crazy or anything.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
meant the "ask for greentops" part.

The Auckland wicket was perfect.

That said, India also bowled well here.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah Hendrix covered that and was putting it primarily on the McHesson statements last night ftr.

McHesson weren't staying up overnight and watching Kohli's ton at the Wanderers like say Cribbage was.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Which is a much fairer thing to say, but given the weather, it's not as if the groundsman would have had a whole load of options.

Interesting to note how often NZ changed the ends the bowlers were bowling from. I did wonder before hand whether NZ were lacking someone with significant experience of bowling into/with the Wellington wind. It wasn't a particularly windy day, but it definitely got up in the evening session.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
who would have thought the words "ishant " and "superb" in the same article !! well done to that man...india in the box seat at the moment...will they break the magic overseas duck??

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
How did Latham look on TV during his brief stay?

Live it looked like he did a couple of good leaves then fiddled with the one he got out too.

What were the commentators saying when Anderson started hitting over the top -

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

While I agree that was a stupid thing to do, it's only a lottery if both teams bowl decently and because of the pitch, both batting lineups get bowled out cheaply. Regardless of the state of the pitch, NZ have bowled piss. We've batted far better so far as well

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

This innings by Dhawan reminded me a lot of Ponting at Headingley 09. Spicy pitch, poor bowling by the home team after being bowled out cheaply and a very nice counterattack

Daemon

Awesome day for India, thoroughly enjoyable to be there live.

I never doubted you for a second Ishant. I never doubted you for a second Dhawan :ph34r:

For any Kiwi fans panicking, fear not. Whenever I attend an away test match for India (Melbourne, Sydney, Lord's, Trent Bridge) the result is always the same - India lose. So most likely scenario is that India collapse tomorrow and then Fulton scores a double ton in the 3rd innings imo.
Better pack your bags then, for the good of the team (especially Kohli).