• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa 2013/14

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This has got to be one of the stranger lead-ups to a tour in recent memory
I feel like you overrate strangeness, or find things strange a lot. Either way something is strange about your fondness of strangeness.

Last edited:

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Darren Lehmann what are you doing

CA Digital Media ‏@CricketAus 51s
BREAKING: Shaun Marsh will travel to South Africa after Shane Watson was ruled out of the first Test #SAvAUS
Get ****ed. Hi I'm SOS and I play when I want bitches.

Just pick Hughes or go with a NSW lineup with Rad at 6.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Haha if they pick Marsh over Hughes for the test.
With Watson possibly only out for one test it makes no sense to fly him over and benchwarm. Boof likes a 5th bowler so not sure where the overs come from if Dools and SOS play. People's champ maybe.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Because someone is injured. Difficult to work out how you don't understand that itbt.
yeah. an all-rounder. given the belief lehmann has re playing 5 bowlers, it's pretty difficult to think that hughes was set to play following watson's injury. so i don't really see the need to re-stock the reserve batsman cabinet. if daniel christian or mitch marsh was flown over, i could understand it. as it is, i just don't get it. we want two reserve batsmen? or we're panicking because marsh is fit? why not send hughes back then? or do we just not want to play henriques? so why bother naming him as faulkner's replacement?

benchmark00

Because Lyon is in the gun. Henriques comes in for him, Hughes/Marsh pushing for #6 and D00lan #3.

Spikey

why wouldn't you just play pattinson if henriques is only gonna bat 8 anyway

i want answers, spark

benchmark00

A seaming Centurion wicket will have the selectors looking at:

Rogers
Warner
Doolan
Clarke
Smith
Hughes
Haddin
Henriques
Johnson
Harris
Siddle

benchmark00

why wouldn't you just play pattinson if henriques is only gonna bat 8 anyway

i want answers, spark
Yes that's possible also of course, in fact for some reason I didn't even think of Pattinson, and in probability I too would have Pattinson. I think it's more than a chance that Lyon won't play irrespective.