• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

Flem274*

123/5
just watched the wickets on 3 news. good view of the wagner ball. definitely a no ball, but afaic checking for those when a wicket happens but not caring every other ball is rubbish. just terrible all round really apart from the bowling itself. similar happened to watling as well. rahane's big inside edge also just as terribad as the anderson call. this test is just a great advertisement for why we need drs in some form really. i don't really care about the human element of decisions or whatever it is traditionalists argue, i just want the decisions to be right.

the match could have been so different. india may have cruised it, or maybe anderson would have made a big ton instead of just 77.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
bah - I deleted that too. After I posted it I thought it might be a sore point for him. sorry bahnz.
Heh, no problem but it was an uncomfortable amount ( though thankfully nowhere near as much as I won off the drawn test at last year's Eden Park match) and I think I'm going to close down my betting account with the tab now. From now on, you're on your own boys!

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Heh, no problem but it was an uncomfortable amount ( though thankfully nowhere near as much as I won off the drawn test at last year's Eden Park match) and I think I'm going to close down my betting account with the tab now. From now on, you're on your own boys!
There goes our winning streak :dry:

YorksLanka

International Debutant
well played by New Zealand on another good win..india, the run continues...i had to laugh as read a comment from someone on another forum that said india actually won as they were beaten by the umpires not New Zealand...ha ha..funniest thing i read all day...dont worry india, soon your away matches will be played in mumbai...

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
New Zealand are a rapidly improving team. Youngsters are very impressive. They should win this series and thoroughly deserves too. India are overrated in my view.

jcas0167

International Debutant
just watched the wickets on 3 news. good view of the wagner ball. definitely a no ball, but afaic checking for those when a wicket happens but not caring every other ball is rubbish. just terrible all round really apart from the bowling itself. similar happened to watling as well. rahane's big inside edge also just as terribad as the anderson call. this test is just a great advertisement for why we need drs in some form really. i don't really care about the human element of decisions or whatever it is traditionalists argue, i just want the decisions to be right.

the match could have been so different. india may have cruised it, or maybe anderson would have made a big ton instead of just 77.
It's amazing to think how different test history would be if DRS had been around, and how badly it's missed now when it isn't used. Hopefully the BCCI will see that at least some of the howlers (eg Anderson & Rahane's dismissals) could have been avoided & change their position.

Inevitably there will be some umpiring mistakes in the next test too, it's so infuriating to know the DRS could possibly correct them but isn't being used.

btw. Great to see Wagner transfer some of his FC promse to the test arena, seems such a hard worker I'm glad he was rewarded.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
New Zealand are a rapidly improving team. Youngsters are very impressive. They should win this series and thoroughly deserves too. India are overrated in my view.
Overrated by who? No one rates them and they just almost won a test despite giving up a 300 run first innings lead.