• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

the big bambino

International Captain
Closer than I thought but NZ's dominance over the 1st 2 innings of the game gave them enough insurance against their 2nd innings collapse. Their fast bowling squad is world class.

Days of Grace

International Captain
If any opener is going to come in it has to be Latham, surely?

Fulton to be maintained because a) he is a sound second slip and b) Rutherford has time on his side to go away and improve his game.

But both are on very flimsy ground, to be sure.

I don't know what to do with Sodhi. At some stage, it's going to cause the seamers some grief if they keep have to bowling the overs the spinner should be bowling during the middle of the day.

But we are going to need a spinner in the West Indies, so a decision has to be made, preferably before this second test.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I feel sorry for Sodhi. Must've felt horrible letting the rest of the side down in that 2nd innings. But yeah, he has to go.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
What are Jeet Raval's part time leggies like? Can he bowl 8-10 inexpensive overs? I know "never change (especially drastically change) a winning team, but:

Latham
Raval (spin option?)
KW (spin option 1)
Taylor (if available)
BMac
Corey J
BJ
Neesh
Southee
WAG
Boult

Howsie

International Captain
One prediction out of many went wrong. And for all rights, giving away 80 runs off 15 overs from one bowler for no wicket in the 4th innings should have had us dead to rights.
You also said Trent Boult would never make it as an international bowler :detective

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
What are Jeet Raval's part time leggies like? Can he bowl 8-10 inexpensive overs? I know "never change (especially drastically change) a winning team, but:

Latham
Raval (spin option?)
KW (spin option 1)
Taylor (if available)
BMac
Corey J
BJ
Neesh
Southee
WAG
Boult
If you've got five seamers and Williamson you really shouldn't have to be searching for another bowling option so Raval's filthy leggies shouldn't come into it.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Redmond is not Test quality. The idea of him replacing Taylor at 4 makes me nauseous. We don't have the batsmen to replace both Taylor and he openers. Latham for Taylor, Neesh for Sodhi.

Flem274*

123/5
wow, great win. was listening in on the radio in the end and when dhoni went waddle lost his ****.:laugh:

gotta be honest, i was losing the faith. WAGner gave me a tasting which i'll happily cop.

must be **** for indian fans to have a great win flirted with for so long only to come up short. rolled for 200 again almost hurts less from experience (usually when vettori got us close after we're 150/5 as per norm).

Davis' umpiring was terrible. fulton's first innings escape, anderson being sawn off completely, the watling no ball, and it sounds like there may have been a few i missed today in the chase. drs has it's limitations but it makes the decisions better and that's the main thing, so it makes me more in favour for it.

i think sodhi should play the next game. they knew when they picked him he might hinder the team and they did it anyway, so they accepted situations like today in advance. they made their bed and now they have to lie in it rather than mess with a youngster who was picked before he deserved it through no fault of his own other than "looking good".

my heart however says **** our spinners, four quicks for the basin and get some bounce in the bitch. no green top (makes it a lottery), just a bouncy pitch and hopefully southee with a wellington gale at his back.