• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
This doesn't make any sense. The laws of the game are pretty clear, why should they not be enforced if it becomes clear that he hasn't bowled a legitimate delivery?
because the umpire hasn't been enforcing the law throughout, so why should they enforce it once it matters?

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Have you ever tried telling whether you are over-stepping or not? If you think you are doing everything absolutely fine, then get robbed of a wicket because the umpire has failed to warn you that you've been over stepping the whole time.
Nah, can't understand this. It happens virtually all th time these days. Front foot no balls are missed all the time. So just because they haven't been called all match, they shouldn't be called when the umpire decides to refer it? Especially when it's a match turning moment. Strange if you're trying to justify the decision.

I'd have had a bit of sympathy for wagner if he'd been called now, but the bigger injustice is obviously to the batsmen being given out off an illegal delivery

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
I agree with Spark, but I also think its tough on the bowler if he's not being called on it previously. Hard to make an adjustment if you don't know you've made the mistake

Spark

Global Moderator
I agree with Spark, but I also think its tough on the bowler if he's not being called on it previously. Hard to make an adjustment if you don't know you've made the mistake
Oh I'm not arguing that the bowler doesn't get a raw deal in all this, but don't see how you can argue that the solution to a badly applied law is to not apply the law at all.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What is the pitch like at Wellington generally?
A result pitch, weather permitting.

Wind can be a concern for seamers not used to it. Forecast is now set fair, so will probably be **** (Wellington long range forecasts are notoriously inaccurate)

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Everyone is talking cricket everywhere I go. The blackcaps are capturing the public imagination once again. People who know little about cricket are questioning the decision to not enforce the follow on in general conversations today - and it is brilliant. Havn't seen this level of engagement in the last 5 years.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Exactly. To come so close to such massive, important moments and then lose is just gut wrenching.
Easy for me to say but cheer up, India only showed up for the second half of this match and still almost won - they have a big chance at the Basin Reserve

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Well yeah but what about the batsman? He's been given out off a technically illegal ball.
Well I'm agreeing with Spark in that the rules should be enforced, its just a bad situation and is harsh on the bowler. As has been said, its high time a system was developed to catch noballs automatically.