• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If this is aimed at me then I'm not sure I've ever criticised him. If I have, I take it back.
No I do actually think he is rubbish. Kind of like you always knew that Bresnan was not amazing when he was going so well a few years ago.

Got to be pleased for him though.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Back foot no balls are much harder to spot than front foot no balls. I've called one back foot no ball in nearly 20 years of cricket, but I only ever bothered checking the back foot no ball if the bowler was a clear risk of doing so - with Wagner, it's really hard to look at back foot and front foot no ball at the same time. I know of late, some umpires have got pretty lax at calling front foot no balls, and that the Watling dismissal was missed, but a decent number of front-footers have been called without recourse to replay in this match.
Fair enough but can't they just automate it ffs. It leaves the umpire with too much to do and considering how **** these umpires are, they need all the help they can get.

HeathDavisSpeed

If he's been touching the line the whole time and hasn't been no-balled for it throughout, there is no way he should be called when he takes wickets. Wagner doesn't really have a clue where his feet are, its up to the umpire to tell him if he needs to move in.
That's a really interesting one, isn't it. The no ball call should be giving the bowler some indication of what he can and can't do and if the umpires haven't been calling 'em when they should have been and then going to the replay for wickets, it's not exactly reasonable.

Still reckon they need some kind of tennis 'Cyclops' system for no-balls some how - take it out of the umpire's hands so they can concentrate on getting the dismissals right.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
What a victory! Test Cricket as the physical incorporation of Agony once again.

Despite our far-from-perfect performance extremely happy that NZ came through in the end. Wagner especially performed far beyond what I thought him capable of. A shame umpiring played a part in the result.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Great win for NZ obviously, but India should take loads of confidence if they take the momentum from the 2nd half of the test. Close to pulling off one of the greatest comebacks in test history.

HeathDavisSpeed

Fair enough but can't they just automate it ffs. It leaves the umpire with too much to do and considering how **** these umpires are, they need all the help they can get.
Haha. Was literally writing about that when you posted by the looks of things. I can't disagree - who knows how many non-wicket no balls are being missed at the moment?

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Wait do just because he hadn't been called all game, he should be allowed to continue doing. What kind of logic is that?
Have you ever tried telling whether you are over-stepping or not? If you think you are doing everything absolutely fine, then get robbed of a wicket because the umpire has failed to warn you that you've been over stepping the whole time.

Spark

Global Moderator
Have you ever tried telling whether you are over-stepping or not? If you think you are doing everything absolutely fine, then get robbed of a wicket because the umpire has failed to warn you that you've been over stepping the whole time.
This doesn't make any sense. The laws of the game are pretty clear, why should they not be enforced if it becomes clear that he hasn't bowled a legitimate delivery?