• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

Blocky

Banned
Wagner now averaging 34 with the ball. Long may you continue Wags.
Long may you continue.

I'm pretty sure the universal Kiwi thought train was "**** I don't have a better idea we'll see how Wagner goes and we'll drop him if he fails"
Most of us are tasting it. And it tastes it good.
Not quite universal...... and I'd dare say McCullum enjoys having a guy in the side who can bowl 135kmh+ throughout the entire day, no matter how many overs you throw him.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That second replay was clear, not sure how anyone can say he didn't touch.
I don't think it was clear he touched the line. The replay from behind was accentuated by shadow and the replay from in front doesn't show the foot grounded on the line categorically.Tough call though, especially given the circumstances.

Jarquis

Wagner 42@30.04 in his last 10. Just struggled in a big way in that WI series and the Test against SA he played.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Wow, what a finish!!!! Great stuff!!!

Still don't believe Wagner cut the line on the dismissal of Dhoni no matter how many times I saw it. Reckon he was just inside.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's the SA test match that makes it really hard to take doesn't it? We really should have won that one, and now to be in a position to have won this one.. man... both victories would have been massive for India as a team overseas, ah.
Exactly. To come so close to such massive, important moments and then lose is just gut wrenching.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
If he's been touching the line the whole time and hasn't been no-balled for it throughout, there is no way he should be called when he takes wickets. Wagner doesn't really have a clue where his feet are, its up to the umpire to tell him if he needs to move in.

3 test wins in a row. must be some kind of wicket for that.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyways congrats to New Zealand, well played, but honestly you guys got out of jail. A bit like India did in SA at Durban, but this one was a lot worse.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The good thing about it saying he should've middled it is that it works for most situations beyond it going down a fielders throat.
Ture, except deep down I know you stuffed up and tried to troll so I still win.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I don't think it was clear he touched the line. The replay from behind was accentuated by shadow and the replay from in front doesn't show the foot grounded on the line categorically.Tough call though, especially given the circumstances.
Yeah this is my train of thought on it. His shoe bulged over the line but the sole itself is all that matters and what actually touches. The shadow from behind and the poorish angle from the front made it inconclusive.

Can you give an inconclusive delivery as a no ball? No IMO. Usually you side with the batsman on those sort of things but not when you're talking about if it's legal or not. I reckon umpires should be calling out Wagner a lot more in future though so we don't have future situations like that.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If he's been touching the line the whole time and hasn't been no-balled for it throughout, there is no way he should be called when he takes wickets. Wagner doesn't really have a clue where his feet are, its up to the umpire to tell him if he needs to move in.

3 test wins in a row. must be some kind of wicket for that.
Wait do just because he hadn't been called all game, he should be allowed to continue doing. What kind of logic is that?

HeathDavisSpeed

I've said it before I don't know why umpires don't even seem to bother with the no ball at the line, unless a dismissal happens. It's as if, there saying to the bowlers, it's ok, keep overstepping and cutting the popping crease, just font take a wicket. Even when they've referred it here, they've somehow got ur wrong. Pretty close but I reckon he definitely touched it
Back foot no balls are much harder to spot than front foot no balls. I've called one back foot no ball in nearly 20 years of cricket, but I only ever bothered checking the back foot no ball if the bowler was a clear risk of doing so - with Wagner, it's really hard to look at back foot and front foot no ball at the same time. I know of late, some umpires have got pretty lax at calling front foot no balls, and that the Watling dismissal was missed, but a decent number of front-footers have been called without recourse to replay in this match.