• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

Flem274*

123/5
that might be rudds last crack in tests for a bit. i was just about to post it's crucial we get off to a good start so india's resolve is tested. we need to make them surrender so they're softer in the second innings. that wicket will make them feel a bit better going into lunch.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
For all his natural ability as a stroke-maker, Rutherford ain't a test openers finger-nail at this point of his career.

Woodster

International Captain
We rely so much on Southee and Boult that injury for either of them would be utter disaster which probably factored into the decision to bat again. Considering there's so much time left in the test I'm happy to play it safe to protect those two.
Yes that's fair enough to protect them, but I reckon if they bowled as well with the new ball again this Test could effectively have been over in the afternoon session and use them in short bursts thereafter, surely they're fit enough to do so. Allowing India to bowl in these conditions might just give them a bit of a pick-me-up with a few wickets, not sufficiently so to bring them back into this Test mind.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Steve Davis needs a spell, btw. Some of the wides he was calling weren't wide, and weren't consistent with how lenient he was with India's bowlers. And then there was his awful calls on the LBWs.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Steve Davis needs a spell, btw. Some of the wides he was calling weren't wide, and weren't consistent with how lenient he was with India's bowlers. And then there was his awful calls on the LBWs.
Agree, he's fast becoming the 'Steve Bucknor' of the 2010s

Meridio

International Regular
Plan should be to get through to lunch without losing another wicket, then bat positively until about 10 overs to the end of the day. That should set India a target of 550-ish, which should be well out of reach and give us enough time to bowl them out.

Ugh, Fulton gone as I type.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Yeah one of the ones against anderson was barely a ODI wide.

Woodster

International Captain
I don't know how anyone with a brain could think this decision was the wrong one
I don't know how anyone with a brain can't see that you can make a decent case for either option and both decisions should see NZ win this Test. However, as India take another wicket, it just seems that India are going to gain more from this decision, imo, with conditions the way they are.