• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

Mike5181

International Captain
So Taylor is pretty much c'd in my NZ all time ODI team. Does KW make it in ahead of the others for the number five slot? He has one less century than Styris from a billion less matches, more than Twose and a higher average than all of them.

Turner
Astle
Crowe (c)
Taylor
Fleming/KW/Styris/Twose
Cairns

What's yours?
Turner
Astle
Williamson
Crowe
Taylor
Cairns
McCullum+
Hadlee
Vettori
Mills
Bond

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Putting the terrific back-foot talent of Anaru Kitchen ahead of O'Donnell in red ball cricket was important to the Aces for some reason, I wonder if it will be now.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
@BLACKCAPS
Ashwin gets George Worker lbw sweeping, he's gone for 33, @BigCall13 the new man. NZXI 81-1 #nzvind ^RI

@BigCall13 starts with a flowing cover drive to the fence first ball, confident start! #nzvind ^RI

@bigcall edges Khan to Saha who grabs it falling away he's gone for 9, NZ XI 92-2 in the 34th, just before lunch #nzvind ^RI

@MargotButcher
enjoyed the two cracking pull shots for four by young Robbie O'Donnell

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Shawn Hicks goes for 5, skies Yadav to short leg and the catch is taken no dramas
Yeah, a big unit Hicks, his pull shot's featured in about 4 of the 5 dismissals I've seen.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
How is this a "New Zealand A" team? Shouldn't it be "NZ XI" or something?

I know the team name doesn't really matter, but still, what's the point of the "A" when it doesn't mean what an "A" normally means?

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Gone - Tim Seifert flashes at one outside off stump, and it flies through to Pandey in the slips. NZ XI 171-6
Probably a slash outside off reminiscent of a young Martin Crowe, was it. Wonder if this will be a vault game.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
How is this a "New Zealand A" team? Shouldn't it be "NZ XI" or something?

I know the team name doesn't really matter, but still, what's the point of the "A" when it doesn't mean what an "A" normally means?
To make youngsters feel empowered and encourage a bit of faking it until they make it, which is a key focus lately.

Tbf only that scorecard is calling it New Zealand A that I've seen, in the output from NZC.