• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

Flem274*

123/5
I think you're being harsh. Bennett has outdone him this season but Henry has proved himself for longer. His record is unparalleled by anyone outside the test team since dayboo.

Flem274*

123/5
I'm also going to get absolutely slammed for saying this (especially by our agribusiness partners), but talent wise I don't think there is much separating Southee and Boult from Henry, Wheeler, Milne and Small. Southee and Boult are a few years older (mid 20s as opposed to 20-22) so they've developed sooner and further and been the first to get opportunities, but also had the combination of staying injury free and the hunger and execution to keep themselves above the rest.

They could have easily gone the Bracewell route but they didn't. Southee pulled himself back from the brink and transformed himself from wasted potential into a world class bowler. WAG.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I think you're being harsh. Bennett has outdone him this season but Henry has proved himself for longer. His record is unparalleled by anyone outside the test team since dayboo.
Yeah, the PS bowling stats can elevate the guy who attacks the stumps out of proportion a bit itbt. As it elevates Munro's...."direct" approach out of proportion in the batting stats.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Don't really get the Bennet love tbh. Doesn't really have much extra pace or bounce than Henry and is prone to going missing. That said I would still rate him ahead of the CD bowlers based on current form, but there really isnt much between the CD guys and the Cantabrian duo.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah measured 20 or 40 yards in, Bennett's suffering less retardation of pace than anyone else in the country. If you had impact sensor technology in the keeper's gloves, he's a 5-star heavy ball bowler.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I'm trying to figure out what he did to not impress you. Did you see his spell to Dhawan?
Well you have to admit that there isn't anything particularly remarkable about his bowling style. He's not particularly tall. He's not quick. He only swings the ball one way. He's the sort of boring medium fast seamer who'll be looked at by many as a stereotypical NZ bowler.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I get what you're saying, but he's pretty tall and pretty sharp and does a bit with the ball in the air and off the seam. Hits a great length too. That's why he reminds me of Harris

If he just watched a highlights package then he would've missed the over vs Dhawan and the way he completely worked him over.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I only watched the highlights and he seemed OK. Maybe I do need to see his spell to Dhawan. I hope it impresses me because there is nothing better than a new fast bowler on the scene.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Anyone changing their tips for the tests after the odis? Or different game, can't compare etc etc?

well India tour to NZ
Indian have to really work on bowling otherwise they will not be able to win any matches. Its consecutive 10 straight loss by India team. the series was win by NZ by 4-0. India was able to tie one match. India Openers have not performed throughout the series only I can see KHOLI & Dhoni performing...

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone changing their tips for the tests after the odis? Or different game, can't compare etc etc?
The performance of India's batsmen is a little worrying, but I still reckon that with Pujara, Kohli and Dhoni they'll have enough runs on the board to capitalise when the inevitable NZ collapse occurs (probably while Ross is away). Still 1-0.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Stats tells us that Dhoni won't do **** in the tests in NZ, but then there's the fact that he could come up against a wayward Wagner and Ish Sodhi. And you'd back Dhoni every time with that, regardless of the format.

I just hope Wagner doesn't try to bounce them out. Full on and outside off stump please.

Flem274*

123/5
dammit, wanted Ishant to be the best of the bowlers so we get to face him instead. Zaheer, Shami, Yadav, Ashwin is a pretty decent test attack.

Flem274*

123/5
So Taylor is pretty much c'd in my NZ all time ODI team. Does KW make it in ahead of the others for the number five slot? He has one less century than Styris from a billion less matches, more than Twose and a higher average than all of them.

Turner
Astle
Crowe (c)
Taylor
Fleming/KW/Styris/Twose
Cairns

What's yours?