• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Some other random comments

- Baz is one of the better ODI skips I have seen. And he is getting better and better with more experience. Loved how he opened with Mitch and then quickly brought him back for a second spell.
- Would have loved to have watched Henry on TV to see the movement he was getting.
- Giving Ross a standing ovation for scoring a ton never gets old. The crowd didn't want to sit down.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
DWTA - a guy 2 rows in front of me would have caught it but his mate in a team india shirt jumped in front of him. Mr general joe public is a boob. You and GI Joe would change your tune if you were the person 2 rows in front of me. Have some empathy. I suspect the pair of you are trolling.
Listen bud, if you're wearing the tee and want to catch a ball, you make sure you've sat your ass where there's no one to obstruct you. It's just common sense. You don't get the right to inconvenience the regular folks by plonking yourself right in the middle of a crowd and expecting everyone else to stay still for your benefit. Empathy isn't a one way street.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Listen bud, if you're wearing the tee and want to catch a ball, you make sure you've sat your ass where there's no one to obstruct you. It's just common sense. You don't get the right to inconvenience the regular folks by plonking yourself right in the middle of a crowd and expecting everyone else to stay still for your benefit. Empathy isn't a one way street.
I don't think you are being serious.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, agree with GI Joe.

"This grabby and obnoxious starling who paid $30 for an orange shirt really wants to claim this bread the old man's throwing, oh god, I'm just a disenfranchised little sparrow these days. I better submit to the starling, even though he's planning to give me 0% of the cut, will blithely spill his **** all over me and think little of it, and wasn't shrewd enough to make me complicit beforehand".

Wright

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
nice 4-0 in the curtain raiser, but this is nothing except good world cup development. we must win the test series. we need to show these ****s that while they can bully our crappy board off the pitch, we will wreck them on the pitch.

the test series will be much tougher too, but we have to win. we have to.
My thoughts exactly, but do you think the BCCI will dictate to NZC the kind of pitches they would like prepared for the test matches or will we actually get green seamers?

Wright

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
It says something about the Indian seam bowling stocks that you can't find a decent Indian bowler to clone.

Besides, Steyn would look sooooooo out of place in an Indian uniform.
With their money they could be just like England and get players from Zimbabwe, Ireland, South Africa etc to play for them.

Prensel

U19 Cricketer
Guptill surely needs to do something different next ODI series, I see no reason why he was trying to be an "anchor" when Kane and Ross are a whole lot better at doing it than he is. Guptill should be doing the same thing as Jesse.

Sorry for bringing it Guptill :(

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Terrible series for India. But happy for Dhoni's milestone of being 4th fastest to get to 8000. The guys he left behind include some seriously good ODI batsmen who actually batted in top order!

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
My thoughts exactly, but do you think the BCCI will dictate to NZC the kind of pitches they would like prepared for the test matches or will we actually get green seamers?
You'll get this "Green Seamer Lite" that Sipthorpe has been doing at the Basin, I'd say.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, agree with GI Joe.

"This grabby and obnoxious starling who paid $30 for an orange shirt really wants to claim this bread the old man's throwing, oh god, I'm just a disenfranchised little sparrow these days. I better submit to the starling, even though he's planning to give me 0% of the cut, will blithely spill his **** all over me and think little of it, and wasn't shrewd enough to make me complicit beforehand".
Probably not a good idea for a sparrow to try to catch a cricket ball itself tbh

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Who is this Henry guy? Can someone shed some light?
They guy we have been talking up for years. Promising young bowler, had major back injuries and underwent the same surgery that Bennet and Bond have been through iirc. Came back halfway through last season and started to dominate in both FC and List A on very flat late summer wickets. Went on an A-tour to the SC, got caned. Came home and started the FC season slowly, but has picked up momentum after the first few games. IMO the third best pacer in the country.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
They guy we have been talking up for years. Promising young bowler, had major back injuries and underwent the same surgery that Bennet and Bond have been through iirc. Came back halfway through last season and started to dominate in both FC and List A on very flat late summer wickets. Went on an A-tour to the SC, got caned. Came home and started the FC season slowly, but has picked up momentum after the first few games. IMO the third best pacer in the country.
Yeah, nah.

Flem274*

123/5
where do you rank him bahnz?

has more talent than wagner for sure, but he's hard pressed to be the 3rd most talented bowler in the country. he combines enough of everything and is so well polished for his age though that he's ready for international cricket imo, though is down the pecking order at present.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
In talent and potential stakes he's definitely up there in the top 5 or 6, alongside guys like Wheeler, Small and only obviously behind Southee, Boult and Milne. Disagree firmly that he's already the 3rd best pacer though. At this stage, he's not even the best pacer in the Canterbury team.

Last edited: