• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

jonbrooks

International Debutant
no, you need to read the conversation.

Of course they're going to support India. I like that, it makes for a great crowd. What I'm disappointed in is the fact that they leave early when it looks like India will lose. It makes for a crap atmosphere when McCullum hits a ball for six to win the game and noone is cheering.
I've often left events early for similar reasons so I don't see it as a big deal.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
...he's enforced by a ginger haired muppet to go too hard at everything, but ultimately, it's meant even with the slower starts from Guptill, we've locked away our advantage in the early overs and set ourselves up for a much better consolidation stage
Hold on chaps, I think this fulla has a couple of points to raise regarding Martin Guptill.

Blocky

Banned
no, you need to read the conversation.

Of course they're going to support India. I like that, it makes for a great crowd. What I'm disappointed in is the fact that they leave early when it looks like India will lose. It makes for a crap atmosphere when McCullum hits a ball for six to win the game and noone is cheering.
But this is the same situation with NZ fans and the All Blacks. Go look at the English and Australian attendance records when NZ aren't playing them in Rugby versus when they do play them - they only turn up to see their ex-pat nation play. That's sport until you start looking at club scenes like Man Utd, which have a universal base of support.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
But this is the same situation with NZ fans and the All Blacks. Go look at the English and Australian attendance records when NZ aren't playing them in Rugby versus when they do play them - they only turn up to see their ex-pat nation play. That's sport until you start looking at club scenes like Man Utd, which have a universal base of support.
it's not a problem with the actual fans, it's just that it is actually a home game so you want to see some enthusiasm for the home team.

Most of my Indian friends support India first and then NZ second. They wouldn't leave the game with Rossco about to get a century and McCullum blazing away.

Blocky

Banned
it's not a problem with the actual fans, it's just that it is actually a home game so you want to see some enthusiasm for the home team.

Most of my Indian friends support India first and then NZ second. They wouldn't leave the game with Rossco about to get a century and McCullum blazing away.
Yet how often do we see people leaving in their droves when New Zealand are completely outplayed in a game? I can think of more than one occasion that people vacated a game that NZ ended up winning miraculously - the McMillan innings against Australia in Hamilton where he hit us home out of no where comes to mind. It's not a unique situation, people come to support their heroes and their side. If you go to any NZ Warriors or NZ Breakers game, have a look at the sixtieth minute in leg and the fourth quarter in Basketball - if the game is an obvious loss, goodbye fans.

Be a little more realistic.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
The lack of relative excitement at McCullums 6 to win the games, is because no one in the crowd won a 100k.

The competition has become bigger than the actual game.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The lack of relative excitement at McCullums 6 to win the games, is because no one in the crowd won a 100k.

The competition has become bigger than the actual game.
Yeah, I noticed that at the Eden Park game.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Someone get Taylor a giant box of KFC.

Superb innings, one he probably wasn't capable of even 12 months ago.
Amazing seeing his wagon wheel and the percentage of scoring through the off-side and lack of leg side boundaries. He looks so solid, organised and composed at the crease. It was a privilege to watch him and Williamson last night see off the threat of the spinners then pick off the other bowlers.

I thought it could really fall apart once Williamson was run out, but Taylor showed incredible concentration to see it through.

Last edited: