• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How good would our ODI attack be if Vettori was fit & available now. Still holding onto hope for his return for the world-cup.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
been a garbage innings from Rohit so far, for all his talent, he's still far too limited a player to be consistently successful in this format.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
The mistake captains make with block or bash players is that they start protecting the boundary too early and giving easy singles. Guys like Sharma live for that, because suddenly they have other scoring options outside of smashing a boundary off loose deliveries.
Yes it used to drive me nuts in late 90s ODIs where a team would have the opposition really tied down early with all but two fielders in the circle... and then for no other reason than the end of the 15-over fielding restrictions the field would spread and suddenly the batsmen could score 4 singles per over. Not because the batsman was hitting boundaries. Not even necessarily because they wanted to bring a slow bowler on. Just because they could. And that still applies somewhat today.

Burgey

Remember when Jono said it was no longer the case that Indian batsmen couldn't handle the short ball?

Blocky

Banned
Apparently I can't compare one international batsman and their method to another international batsman and their method or I'll get warned. I think at this point I'll just start posting random statements with no attempt at analysis or understanding the baring on a game - obviously no point looking to discuss deeper levels of cricket.

Daemon

Sharma seems like a pretty bad judge of a length. Gets neither fully forward or back.

Last edited:

Zinzan

been a garbage innings from Rohit so far, for all his talent, he's still far too limited a player to be consistently successful in this format.
Assuming you mean he's limited outside the sub-continent considering he recently scored an ODI double-ton against Australia.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Assuming you mean he's limited outside the sub-continent considering he recently scored an ODI double-ton against Australia.
He's played a lot of ODIs in India though, it's only last year that he started to open, he needs to be more proactive when rotating the strike, he almost looks to block like half a dozen deliveries at the start of the innings, regardless of how good or difficult the conditions are.

Blocky

Banned
16 sixes = 96 runs. 12 fours = 48 runs - 144 runs in boundaries, 74 dot balls - again, if he can hit boundaries he's fine and in India on their pitches and their fast outfields? Much easier to hit boundaries there - don't need to work the ball around as much.

Zinzan

He's played a lot of ODIs in India though, it's only last year that he started to open, he needs to be more proactive when rotating the strike, he almost looks to block like half a dozen deliveries at the start of the innings, regardless of how good or difficult the conditions are.
Would you have dropped Dhawan incidentally ?

Daemon

Have a feeling he'll get a huge ton today. Let's see.
The criticism of him isn't that he can't produce these scores, it's just that with good tactics, bowling and drying up his runs he tends to get bogged down really easily which means unless he improves he's never going to be consistent. And the problem with that is we're nealy always chasing huge targets or have to make big scores, if he gets bogged down and gets out before he's able to catch up with his strike rate then it's a massive blow for the side.

ajdude

International Coach
in bangalore when rohit made his double ton, he took until 23.4 overs to bring up his fifty. it took 23.3 overs this time

_Ed_

Eek. Looks decidedly less rosy than it did when I headed out for my lunch break.