• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Ryder is lovely to watch but geez he's got some technical issues with his batting, anything slightly back of a length and he looks in trouble.

Flem274*

123/5
Ryder is lovely to watch but geez he's got some technical issues with his batting, anything slightly back of a length and he looks in trouble.
he won't be batting like this in tests.

he'll also be batting at 5 though, and him opening in tests would be dire.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Does Jesse get a get out of jail free card again today? I've been extremely unimpressed with him, can't see him ever contributing more than a cameo.

But I know he could be much better than this.

Edit: I guess he doesn't ......,

Last edited:

Days of Grace

International Captain
Ryder needs to be back playing test cricket. He's obviously been given a license to go at the bowling in ODIs and he is too good for domestic bowlers so he needs test cricket to regain his defensive technique which looks almost non-existent at this stage.

Flem274*

123/5
Does Jesse get a get out of jail free card again today? I've been extremely unimpressed with him, can't see him ever contributing more than a cameo.

But I know he could be much better than this.
his role is to hit. its going to result in a lot of cameos.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Well it's not exactly as though Williamson is exploding out of the blocks either. Maybe India have just started bowling better?

BeeGee

International Captain
Well it's not exactly as though Williamson is exploding out of the blocks either. Maybe India have just started bowling better?
Guptill's slowness is nothing unusual, but Williamson struggling is a far bigger concern for me. He's been in good form, but has looked terrible so far in this innings.