• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at The Gabba

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What happened to the storm?

For a side that has won so much this England team has managed a fair few humiliating defeats but this has got to be the worst.

Ruckus

International Captain
Be interested to see what people think re Johnson now...he was obviously very good in this match, but just another flash in the pan performance or the start of something better at last? Gotta say I'm extremely dubious given his history, but there's no doubt he is ridiculously fun to watch when he is bowling like this (plus it's great for the game).

uvelocity

International Coach
Be interested to see what people think re Johnson now...he was obviously very good in this match, but just another flash in the pan performance or the start of something better at last? Gotta say I'm extremely dubious given his history, but there's no doubt he is ridiculously fun to watch when he is bowling like this (plus it's great for the game).
flash in the pan probably. but this pitch kept its carry. i'd actually really love someone else to be fit for radelaide and get him back for perth.

Ruckus

International Captain
yeah that will be the true test for him. If he still manages to blow Eng away at Adelaide then I'll be closer to being sold. Given he relied predominately on short, fiery stuff in this match to do the job it will be interesting to see how he adapts on what should (surely) be a much less favorable surface to bowl on for him.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Seemed pretty one-dimensional afaic, was very reliant on fast, short-pitched bowling. As good as he was doing that I'd like to see how well he goes on pitches with less bounce before I can say he's truly back.

What does help is that I would've expected England to deal with with the short stuff in contrast to most nations.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
note: i heard that rule in relation to a sweat band or something that was located close the glove.

uvelocity

International Coach
and yeah if the sweat band is attached to the glove, it's glove. genuinely unsure about arm guard but gut feeling is no, it's something else.

Noppe

School Boy/Girl Captain
You cant drop Johnson after this imo, at least for the next two tests even if hes **** at Adelaide