• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at The Gabba

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
spineless
ˈspʌɪnlɪs/
adjective
1. having no spine or backbone; invertebrate.
2. weak and purposeless.
"a spineless coward"

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
Maybe I'm just too biased against MJ, but I think part of MJ's effectiveness in this test (and I don't think he has bowled that well really) is how Clarke has used him. Just bowl fast and bowl plenty of short stuff to keep England on the back foot. I'm not sure if that is a robust strategy through the entire series but great for this test.

***As opposed to having the impossible demand that MJ bowl in a specific area in the hopes of not bowling filth

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
is that arm guard connected to the glove? and is that rule I heard about how if something is connected to the glove, it counts as the glove, correct?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Turning down a single in the Lyon over was at best stupid by Root and at worst cowardice. who cares about exposing the tail to Lyon. You have to take the strike to Johnson.

Hooksey

Banned
This spiritless bunch would be more than happy to just give us the Ashes now if they could go home and avoid themselves further humiliation.

2013-04-08T132305Z_539466685_LM1E948114Y01_RTRMADP_3_BRITAIN-THATCHER.JPG

RIP England cricket.

Last edited: