• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at The Gabba

Woodster

International Captain
In KP's case, he was never considering leaving it. I have a feeling KP would see this as an affront on his ego.

Would like to see Lyon go over the wicket to Bell. Would be landing it right around the cracks on that side of the wicket.
Yes I think you're right in so much as KP would see it that way. Don't get me wrong, had it sailed over the boundary I'd have been cheering loudly while shouting "Yes, go on KP about time we give them some back!". Yet the game is all about those small margins.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They're all AFL grounds that happen to host cricket.

Except the WACA, that's a proper ground.
Unfortunately I think your knowledge of Australian grounds is somewhat lacking. AFL wasn't played at the Gabba until 1993. Has been used for cricket since 1896.

The WACA is great though. The SCG goes ok too.

Last edited:

91Jmay

International Coach
Cook hasn't got any real weakness? I recon the bloke who was off the field whilst that GENGER was on might have something to say about that.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The good thing about the Oz grounds' redevelopments are that they are generally fit for purpose e.g. Gabba may not have much character but it is a superb stadium with barely a bad seat in the house

Obviously there are money constraints in the UK but some of the things that they do (e.g. the red box at Old Trafford) not only detract from the character of the ground but do bugger all for the general public

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Unfortunately I think your knowledge of Australian grounds is somewhat lacking. AFL wasn't played at the Gabba until 1993. Has been used for cricket since 1896.

The WACA is great though. The SCG goes ok too.
It's AFL that drives the redevelopment of grounds in Australia though. That the Gabba etc have 'Cricket Ground' in their name and have been used for cricket since 18-who gives a **** is incidental.

91Jmay

International Coach
If we get through the next two sessions wicket-less, then England can valiantly lose after tea on day 5. I think I would prefer a collapse.

Hooksey

Banned
It was 3 years ago tomorrow Siddle took his hat-trick of Cook, Prior and Broad on his birthday at this same venue.

Kind of hope there's 3 English bunnies left for him to repeat the dose on his birthday tomorrow.