• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at The Gabba

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Started raining quite heavily now. Looks like they're going off and I doubt there'll be any more play in this match. It's like 06/07 all over again, a pity for the crowd.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It's not a bad spot to watch the cricket. You're pretty close to the action, even at the top part of the stands. Our stadiums will never have the character of English ground though, they've been built for numbers.
They're all AFL grounds that happen to host cricket.

Except the WACA, that's a proper ground.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It's not a bad spot to watch the cricket. You're pretty close to the action, even at the top part of the stands. Our stadiums will never have the character of English ground though, they've been built for numbers.
Not sure if this is a sarcastic dig or not, but I find most of the new footy stadia in England lacking in any sort of soul for that exact reason

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I'm not sure why I am so angry because obviously the game has been over for a day but what kind of dense headed **** gets out to a ball like that?
I initially thought this too but it did hurry him a bit.

Not really an excuse but he was trying to keep it down.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Like how KP just watched the ball go to Sabburg, instead of making sure he crossed with Cook to keep the new batsman off strike.

Woodster

International Captain
Bell just gave a brief demonstration on how to deal with a very good short ball from Johnson. If it doesn't quite get up get back and pay the ball, if it's shorter get your head out of the way and drop your hands, why do Trott and KP have such difficulty in doing so!

Son Of Coco

No, it wasn't. We're turning all of our grounds into stadiums, but when I think of English cricket grounds I think of the more quaint venues (which may no longer be the case). What they did to Lords with that ****ing spaceship was pretty horrendous however.

Edit: in reply to GIMH.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Started raining quite heavily now. Looks like they're going off and I doubt there'll be any more play in this match. It's like 06/07 all over again, a pity for the crowd.
What crowd?

Jesus, ordinary cricket from Lyon and Cook just there

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
No, it wasn't. We're turning all of our grounds into stadiums, but when I think of English cricket grounds I think of the more quaint venues (which may no longer be the case). What they did to Lords with that ****ing spaceship was pretty horrendous however.

Edit: in reply to GIMH.
If you think that's bad have you seen the developments to Old Trafford in recent years?

Pothas

If you think that's bad have you seen the developments to Old Trafford in recent years?
Headingley gets unfairly neglected in these discussions, that thing they have built is far worse than those red boxes at Old Trafford.

Son Of Coco

I think I've seen some of the developments while watching on TV, but I haven't really followed how it's changed over the years. Is it the ground with the funky red and black (?) colour scheme in parts?

Son Of Coco

Bell just gave a brief demonstration on how to deal with a very good short ball from Johnson. If it doesn't quite get up get back and pay the ball, if it's shorter get your head out of the way and drop your hands, why do Trott and KP have such difficulty in doing so!
In KP's case, he was never considering leaving it. I have a feeling KP would see this as an affront on his ego.

Would like to see Lyon go over the wicket to Bell. Would be landing it right around the cracks on that side of the wicket.

Last edited: