• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at The Gabba

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I really don't agree that the wicket of Bailey was a good thing for Australia. So much better having a batsman making runs than having Johnson and co. on the field.
yes i would agree with this

it was a good thing for me though

Aritro

International Regular
I think Lyon will take a few in the England second innings, with the way the ball is keeping low.

If I wasn't $2,000 in debt after 12 months of backpacking, I'd throw some money on him taking a 5-fer

Spikey

"I understand giving (Clarke) the single. That was an ego thing (for Cook)"

YOU ADVOCATED DOING THE SAME THING WITH TROTT

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'd go on an hour into tomorrow. Really rub it in.
I think we'd be all out by then. Realistically I'm now thinking that between 10-14 overs tonight will be a good amount. So another 10 or so overs making the lead around 550.

Spikey

Hey Warne, whether Swann takes 2 more wickets or goes for 2 or 3 big overs doesn't really matter

steds

Hall of Fame Member
It would only tire out the bowlers and keeper (potentially), I'd say you want them to turn up tomorrow fully focussed on bowling and fielding
You only bat two at a time. Nothing that's happening right now is tiring Harris, Siddle & Lyon out. Then whoever's in at close has overnight to rest before a quick dash tomorrow

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Other thing to consider is that Carbs and Cook will be drained now and our bowlers raring to go, could be tough to get through to stumps and the lead is already enormous.

Spikey

it is so so concerning that as soon as warne enters the commentary box, lehmann puts on the eye piece

steds

Hall of Fame Member
I don't know what, but there's summat about Mitchell Johnson's face that makes me think "smack addict".