• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Warne vs Murali Discussion

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Or when Yothu Yindi are the support band.

Like, entree+treaty

Thanks, I'm here all week. Try the lobster.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Having a fair degree of difficulty with Freecell game #8591. Can a couple of the nerdier blokes have a stab at it for me please.

Burgey

Nah we fielded. Young bloke's side won in the morning and he retired after making 30 odd as we passed them. Then he came and fielded for us and took a screamer - bloke's clipped one off his toes hard to backward square and he grabbed it. Mixture of shock and elation on his part. Was a quality moment.

Burgey

He's 11, playing 13s and filling in for my B7s side (B52s as I call it)

How did you go on he weekend mate?

kyear2

International Coach
Both players have their positives and negatives and for me it's literally too close to call and as such I rely on their other skills and thats where Warne pulls away.
What is of particular interest is that Warne is almost universally rated as the best when selecting All Time teams or in the instance of the Cricketers of the Century selection. Even more interesting is that for the Cricinfo's exersise Warne was a unanimous selection. Now personally, I don't believe the gap to be that large, but there it is.

This is of course countered by what I read (today) on Sub Continent and particularily Sri Lankan sites and forums which discredits every All Time XI that has Warne over Murali as the White man's team and one went as far as to imply blasphamy and (jokingly, I hope) request a fatwa against Wisden
Some of the quotes
"this team is good for white noobs….. with out murali … this is a joke of white people " and as earlier referenced "Murali is the god almighty of all bowlers. Excluding Murali is blasphemy in highest order. Somebody issue a fatwa against Wisden."
Now everyone has their national biases, but regardless of the player selected, the other one is seen as at worse second best of all time, hardly a slight and I don't understand the need for the vitriol.

Two great bowlers and need to bring up chucking or drugs, I have my personal views which I have previously stated regarding their respective achievements and careers and in the end it's just so close so if either is selected it should be seen that there really isn't that much in it.

Just my two cents worth.

Riggins

International Captain
Long day in the field. They batted the day and ended on 310 in response to our 200 last week. Made us field an hour and a half after they passed the total, tossers.

Burgey

Hate that ****. Fortunately we played a good bunch of blokes so we finished around 5 and sat and had a case between the two sides, as it should be.

Riggins

International Captain
They made us stay out there til 6, and then when we finally finished there were only about 8 of their blokes left to shake hands with. ****s.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
That's the only way my captain will ever give me a bowl, so I wouldn't mind if the other team batted on for a while next week

Riggins

International Captain
Nup. It's where cricket goes to die.

I mean really, you were 6 off 60 balls all behind point until the competent bloke got you over the line, and you finish 65 not out, good on ya mate.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
What if I was to tell you I don't think Warne would've been anywhere near the sort of threat Murali was to Bangladesh and Zimbabwe, even if he played just as many matches against them?