• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Warne vs Murali Discussion

Bushranger

School Boy/Girl Captain
Did you even take into account Murali's games in the Sub continent compared to Warnes on English and Australian Wickets.

or the fact he was a better fielder aswell as a way way better batsmen.

Plus cricket didnt come up with a whole new rule so he could bowl.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Did you even take into account Murali's games in the Sub continent compared to Warnes on English and Australian Wickets.

or the fact he was a better fielder aswell as a way way better batsmen.

Plus cricket didnt come up with a whole new rule so he could bowl.
But what if I was to tell you that Warne didn't play against Australia either? :-O

Bushranger

School Boy/Girl Captain
Well they did YES.

The 15 degree rule came in after he was called for throwing. YES.

plus his stats are not as good if you take 22 Tests against **** teams and add the two series he was suppose to play against Australia in Australia were his bowling average was 75..........

If you really put into to a summary of the two well Warne knew more about the game not only from spin bowling but gave advice to pacemen about batting flaws he would see, he was a far better batsmen and a great slip fieldsmen.

If you picked a team tomorrow and asked every fan in here 90% would have Warne in there teams.

benchmark00

How good is it that the argument went from who is the better spinner ---> Who was the better batsman ---> Who was the better fielder ---> Who had the more legitimate action ---> Who gave better advice to pace bowlers.

benchmark00

Sweep on what will be the next point raised:

Who had the hotter missus -
Who drove the better car -
Who can grip a bat faster - benchmark00
Who brought the beers for the post game -
Who was the better shiner of the ball -
Who can satisfy a lady more -

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
My favourite part was when he said "90% of fans here would pick Warne in their side" despite only being here for 27 posts

Riggins

International Captain
How good is it that the argument went from who is the better spinner ---> Who was the better batsman ---> Who was the better fielder ---> Who had the more legitimate action ---> Who gave better advice to pace bowlers.
It's the only thing spinners are good for tbh.

Bushranger

School Boy/Girl Captain
But he did play against better batting teams more often on batting friendly wickets than Murali in fact way more.

Warne 119 Matches on Batting or Seaming Wickets. 23 Matches in the Sub Continent.

Murali 36 Matches on Batting or Seaming Pitches. 97 in the Sub Continent.

Its not even close...........We can talk all day but this argument is not one that looks good against Murali or his fans.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
But he did play against better batting teams more often on batting friendly wickets than Murali in fact way more.

Warne 119 Matches on Batting or Seaming Wickets. 23 Matches in the Sub Continent.

Murali 36 Matches on Batting or Seaming Pitches. 97 in the Sub Continent.

Its not even close...........We can talk all day but this argument is not one that looks good against Murali or his fans.
Because they never prepare "batting pitches" in the SC...

Bushranger

School Boy/Girl Captain
27 posts mean nothing if you know or watch cricket for the time I have aswell as seen the players Ive seen live and come from a respected cricketing family with ties to Victoria.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
27 posts mean nothing if you know or watch cricket for the time I have aswell as seen the players Ive seen live and come from a respected cricketing family with ties to Victoria.
I was calling you out for making an assumption about a community you don't know well, I'm sure you've watched plenty of cricket

Bushranger

School Boy/Girl Captain
Do you watch Test cricket. The last series were Australia went there it would seam or be batter friendly for the first day until lunch.

Then it was a minefield. Every wicket was like that and its been like that for ages. ODI cricket there wickets are batter friendly.

Riggins

International Captain
*Official* Liz Hurley vs Murali Discussion

She was great as the hot older woman in Gossip Girl.

edit: from what i've heard anyway.

benchmark00

Do you watch Test cricket. The last series were Australia went there it would seam or be batter friendly for the first day until lunch.

Then it was a minefield. Every wicket was like that and its been like that for ages. ODI cricket there wickets are batter friendly.
Mate, I've been following cricket since mid 2011, I think I know my stuff.