• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

uvelocity

International Coach
Critically, this was not a one-off occurence. Team sources said a number of players have not bothered to previously fill out forms gauging their level of health and well-being. Australian hierarchy let the other minor indiscretions slide, but this was the final straw.
ahhh the old nothing nothing nothing whack technique.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Several journalists have come out tonight and said exactly that.
Did they say if it was the same players?

It would be more understandable if it was people warned already. If I'd never been warned for anything, then my boss full-on suspended me for one detail and hadn't reminded me to do the report, I'd be really annoyed. If I'd been warned already, it's a fair cop. I'm sure we've all forgotten something we were meant to do from time to time.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah and that's not good enough. Since when is that how Cricket Australia communicates to its fanbase?

Should have been mentioned in the press conference. And no, saying "this is a line in the sand" does not clearly communicate that there were past indiscretions.
Yeah I sort of agree that (assuming this is the case) it should have been communicated but I guess it raises the awkward question of "well, why didn't you do something about it?".

I remember Robert Craddock had a theory that there was strong ongoing tension between Clarke (and, as such, the hierarchy) and Watson et al because the former felt the latter were being a drag and/or weren't pulling their weight.

Wonder how this plays into that theory.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If you could get out of India by just failing to submit a simple written exercise, wouldn't you?

Top_Cat

Hope Watson does ****ing retire, has been a nightmare for the Test side since they started picking him and I've never been a fan, honestly. Since day dot, the discussion has been all about where in the team Watson can be accommodated and whether he's batted 1 or 7, opened the bowling or bowled 5th, the question has never been answered by 'where he's earned it'.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Watson has seriously taken #shanewatsonthoughts to a new level here.

Anyone defending him before, just wow. The fact he is making these comments about his life and how he has to weigh it all up... NOW... out of all the times... is an absolute disgrace.

He needs to be punched.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah look the Test team isn't a ****ing charity, it's not meant to be easy or a leg-up. It's meant to be hard ****ing work because you're representing your country at the highest level and if that isn't your pinnacle, then...

Spikey

Watson is becoming borderline destabilising IMO, however. Worth starting a thread about it, I think.

Gold star for Spark

So Watson was talking to the team today about leaving before the 4th test due to the kid.....is that why he didn't do the homework? Please tell me it's why so I can make fun of him even more.

uvelocity

International Coach
Watson has seriously taken #shanewatsonthoughts to a new level here.

Anyone defending him before, just wow. The fact he is making these comments about his life and how he has to weigh it all up... NOW... out of all the times... is an absolute disgrace.

He needs to be punched.
unless their aim was to get rid of watson - which could even be a good thing can be argued - their method in attempting to instill discipline has exploded in a big way now.

we've heard two offences - not filling in morning wellness forms. not making a presentation. to blow that into someone at the level of watson quitting in a tantrum - massive failure in policy from management.