• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah it's been really good fun this year. In previous years it has been very meh but even with CD losing I've enjoyed this one.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah it's been really good fun this year. In previous years it has been very meh but even with CD losing I've enjoyed this one.
It has been a good watch when it's been on. More entertaining than the Big Bash - even if the quality isn't as good.
Its better this year. We don't have players like (crap I've lost his name) this year.

Help me out Heef he was a dibbly dobbler who played for wellington 2 years ago. Hika something a rather?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Ronald Karaitiana?

We still have Devcich and ND in the competition tbf:ph34r:
Yeah great thanks for knowing your domestix!

I felt like I could have batted against him and scored 2-3 runs an over.

Also Chris Nevin was playing and was really good back then. But I doubt he could smack around Bates et al today.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Cricket Show WAC - YouTube

Pity they favour such a light magazine style, will deny the general fan Cachopa vs. Short Stuff later in the season.

Rigor's five future Black Cap players to watch ftr:

Chops
Ronchi
Duffy ("if he can gain 5kph of pace...".)
Kuggs ("clever cricketer...off-cutter, back of the hand, he's got it all")
Vincent

Howsie

International Captain
I don't get the Cachopa love at all. Up until seven games ago he was just another domestic journeyman, now he's a must pick for New Zealand. He needs to do it for much longer IMO, much the same as Munro. Then send them away on that 'A' tour over the winter and see what happens from there. All this "You need to pick him while he's in form" bull**** is stupid, it's a hanful of games ffs, it might just be an anomaly.

Don't get me wrong what he's done over the last seven games is outstanding, but it's only seven games.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
It's because Chops is the one kid we've seen at a really bad inner-city school who's actually trying, effectively. By all rights he should be compulsively hooking by now, but instead he keeps taking the hits in games that <100 people care about, placing the sort of value on his wicket we like to see.

Probably what we're hoping for ultimately is a 'more fluent and shotty Richardson or Bryan Young' who'll get us back to fighting for a 60(160) pretty regularly. The sort of guy who does the sound check and sets the props, who'll see an angry and restless crowd and surprise them by lacing a few of his own acoustic covers through the covers.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Devcich 92* sees wholesale changes in fact.

Wellington Cricket- Firebirds in Rangiora on Sunday for HRV Cup clash

In four changes to the Hell Firebirds’ team that met the Northern Knights on New Year’s Day, Josh Brodie, Ben Orton, Tipene Friday and Malaesaili Tugaga come into the squad. They replace Michael Pollard, Scott Kuggeleijn, Dane Hutchinson and Dimitri Mascaranhas. Mascaranhas has been recalled to Melbourne to play for his Big Bash team.